Complete Newb Resucues Beardie Needs Help lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimInKy

We were given a bearded dragon. I think she is at least 2-3 yrs old. They only feed her crickets and only 7 a day. We got her a uvb light and when she is under it she turned black. I have no idea if this is normal or not. I am doing research and she has calcium sand under tank heater heat rock. Should I keep all these or not? She is now eating like 30 crickets a day and we are giving her veggies. She is active now. Just wanted to introduce and welcome any and all help :) ps reptiles give me the creeps but she was so mistreated so I told the kids they could have her lol

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Good grief. Poor girl.
Scrap the calcisand, get rid of the undermat and the heat rock. Get yourself a heatlamp and thermostat, and get some greens and veggies into her, poor thing.

She's probably stressed out no end, hungry as hell, and you can expect a really bad attitude pretty soon - but she will recover.

I use Oxbow Small Herbivore with emaciated or recovering-from-sickness dragons. I can't recommend it enough. Add calcium and you've got an instant dragon-rebuilder.

Have you photos?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Can you tell us the brand and shape of the UVB, please? Is it mounted inside or outside the tank? How close can your dragon get to it while basking? Are you supplementing with calcium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom