does this guy need to be rescued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

http://www.usedpqb.com/classified-ad/Bearded-Dragon-and-Tank-OBO_23472635

I was perusing the local exotic animal section (as one does... Lol) and I saw this guy for sale. In the pictures I noticed he only has a heat lamp (which is very far away), didn't see a uvb fixture (although I guess it's possible that's a mvb), and one thermometre right in the middle of the tank.
I emailed the person and this guy is still available. I might see if I could but the beardie separate to lower the price. Anyone have any opinions? I'm torn. He doesn't look like he's in great shape.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
I've often managed to get dragons for free by explaining I don't need the kit and demonstrating I can provide extremely good care. He looks a bit thin and rather glum - but that looks like a good sized silkworm in there. Definitely get him checked for risk of MVB, but certainly go for it.

oatmeal

Original Poster
TheDragonKeepers":1npda7fr said:
I've often managed to get dragons for free by explaining I don't need the kit and demonstrating I can provide extremely good care. He looks a bit thin and rather glum - but that looks like a good sized silkworm in there. Definitely get him checked for risk of MVB, but certainly go for it.

I ended up getting him and got a significant price drop as I only wanted him and not the enclosure.
He's doing a bit better now, but this is the post I started once I brought him home:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=213015

The previous owners said he doesn't really eat.. which isn't surprising as his daytime temps were well below 60 :silent:

EDIT: That's not a silkworm lol! I thought it was too, but it is a beaded necklace that was still there when I went to go pick him up

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Poor wee man. I'd not have given them money at all - dragons like that are often costly to repair, poor souls. Worth it, though. :)

oatmeal

Original Poster
TheDragonKeepers":2rznzpk4 said:
Poor wee man. I'd not have given them money at all - dragons like that are often costly to repair, poor souls. Worth it, though. :)

I know! I thought about that afterwards, but once I'd made up my mind I just wanted him home ASAP. It was a young kid selling him. I did talk to her about their care requirements and the responsibility of taking care of another life. I felt like such an old person, but I couldn't just not say anything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom