does this guy need to be rescued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

http://www.usedpqb.com/classified-ad/Bearded-Dragon-and-Tank-OBO_23472635

I was perusing the local exotic animal section (as one does... Lol) and I saw this guy for sale. In the pictures I noticed he only has a heat lamp (which is very far away), didn't see a uvb fixture (although I guess it's possible that's a mvb), and one thermometre right in the middle of the tank.
I emailed the person and this guy is still available. I might see if I could but the beardie separate to lower the price. Anyone have any opinions? I'm torn. He doesn't look like he's in great shape.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
I've often managed to get dragons for free by explaining I don't need the kit and demonstrating I can provide extremely good care. He looks a bit thin and rather glum - but that looks like a good sized silkworm in there. Definitely get him checked for risk of MVB, but certainly go for it.

oatmeal

Original Poster
TheDragonKeepers":1npda7fr said:
I've often managed to get dragons for free by explaining I don't need the kit and demonstrating I can provide extremely good care. He looks a bit thin and rather glum - but that looks like a good sized silkworm in there. Definitely get him checked for risk of MVB, but certainly go for it.

I ended up getting him and got a significant price drop as I only wanted him and not the enclosure.
He's doing a bit better now, but this is the post I started once I brought him home:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=213015

The previous owners said he doesn't really eat.. which isn't surprising as his daytime temps were well below 60 :silent:

EDIT: That's not a silkworm lol! I thought it was too, but it is a beaded necklace that was still there when I went to go pick him up

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Poor wee man. I'd not have given them money at all - dragons like that are often costly to repair, poor souls. Worth it, though. :)

oatmeal

Original Poster
TheDragonKeepers":2rznzpk4 said:
Poor wee man. I'd not have given them money at all - dragons like that are often costly to repair, poor souls. Worth it, though. :)

I know! I thought about that afterwards, but once I'd made up my mind I just wanted him home ASAP. It was a young kid selling him. I did talk to her about their care requirements and the responsibility of taking care of another life. I felt like such an old person, but I couldn't just not say anything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom