Rescuing Beardies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with taking on rescues so here are some tips that I have personally found to work.
1)If they have MBD, phoenix worms are the way to go. They can stop the effects of MBD and even possibly reverse the effects. Make sure you get 10.0 UVB light. Also calcium with D3 is enough.
2)Know that if they have trouble moving, you need to alter the cage in order for the UVB and heat source to be closer to the dragon.
3)You may need to get Zilla Jump Start Appetite stimulant or Reptaid or reptiboost. Get the http://www.lllreptile.com/products/3224-curved-tip-syringe . They are only 99 cents and they are so much easier on your dragon's mouth than the other syringes.
4)Weekly baths are a must. It helps with anything from constipation to dehydration to shedding issues. To test if your dragon is drinking on its own, you can try squirting a mixture of 1 part all natural apple juice to 3 parts water into the side of his mouth. If he starts opening his mouth and sticking his tongue out-continue to drip the water/juice mixture onto his mouth until he is done drinking. If he perks up and has a sudden burst of energy after this-he was probably not drinking on his own. Make sure to drip feed your dragon water daily until you know that they are drinking on their own.
5)Finally, let them train you. If they have a feeder preference or they really enjoy baths or maybe they hate it when you take them in public-just bend to what they like. It may help with their recovery as well as make them more comfortable.

Okay so thanks for reading this list guys. If you have any of your own suggestions leave them on this post and if you have any questions, you can email me at [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom