love my beardie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently rescued a very good looking bearded from a guy who didn't have the proper time or interest for.that matter to take care of this animal.. I am not exactly sure of his home details.previous to my getting him.. dismal at best. Now hiessenburg ... he is 18 inch'' s long shows no sign of MBD. his terrarium is 48''x18''x18'' I use calcium sand for my adult bearded..(I know most do not approve of this but I have never had trouble and I keep my babies on paper or carpet.) He has a repti sun 10.0 combined with a ott-lite 13w full spectrum and a repti sun white light basking light.. his hide is made of slate and is nice I would live in it if I wasn't 235 lbs lol. Temperatures are 101.5 on the basking rock which doubles as the roof of his hide. 83 degrees on the cool side with a good piece of drift wood for a climb..humidity bounces between 45 and 55 percent.. night time goes to around 71 degrees.. I measures my temps with a accurate digital thermometer with a probe that is attached to his basking rock. I double check the temps with my temp gun ..my animal room is also were I keep all my plants so as too make them feel at home.. hiessenburg is currently on hungry strike do to relocation stress.. being a but head..but I think that once my horn worms arrive he may change his mind..Ok I'm a new member to this blog and will be adding more about my other bearded and will post updates concerning hiessenburg. If anyone has any advice concerning the relocation stress please feel free...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As for relocation stress. Give it time and if he looks like he's upset you can cover the sides of the tank with paper so he feels a little more isolated and secure. Please post photos of your new little buddy =).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can upload photos to an image hosting site like tinypic or photobucket. Then paste the url with the img tag here and it should show up right in the thread.

phillip1007

Original Poster
Hiessenburg update.. today more of the same basking and sitting in his tree ate two super worms and a Dubai. Have him a little bath so he could drink and get exercise..still not acclimated I guess. I will be patient. He is a very beautiful dragon. Hoping for positive results. Surely with excellent care and love he will be alright. Any thoughts ?? P.s. figured out the picture thing. Lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good looking little guy. Give him some time and you'll probably grow on him. The appetite is a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom