SOMEBODY ADOPT HIM ROSEVILLE, MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbro

Hatchling Member
I'm not sure where to put this mod's but want as much attention as possible, I don't want him lost in the free section.
The manager said that he was just recently dropped off, I guess he was owned by a kid that stopped taking care of him. The parents decided to bring him in along with a 55 gallon with stand and all his stuff (light fixtures, reptile carpet, etc. i didn't look at the uvb bulb though) , everything looked in really nice condition as well. Luckily the parents didn't let him get bad, he is a tad skinny around the hips but nothing compared to some I've seen (he actually looks pretty good nothing a few weeks of good food won't fix). I didn't notice any skin condition (tail looked like it was starting to shed, hopefully that was it and not anything else). Mouth looked clear as well as his nose. He was very alert and really sweet, he crawled up on to the managers shoulder looking around. His vent also looked good. He is stinky though and good use a good bath and some love but my he his cute if I didn't already have two I wouldn't be posting this (I might though, if no one else does). The manager said he would give him (and I think all his stuff) up for adoption for FREE as long as he could tell he would go to a good home. There isn't anything about him posted in the store yet, he is quarantined for now, but I think he can get adopted now.
Adult male, no special morph as far as I can tell. He is a light Sandy color and creamy. He is soooo sweet, somebody get him before I have to, my two are already jealous of each other, but I will go get him if no one else does, I don't want him ending up with some other kid that will stop caring for him.
I believe the manager is John (the guy I spoke to) or he said talk to Chris as well.

Petco
2575 Fairview Avenue north
Roseville, mn 55113
PHONE: 651- 636-8808

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also, I'm not really up to anything today and can go back and get pictures if needed, I had left my phone at home :banghead:

They also have 3 bigger babies there that are half off (25 or 30 bucks) that need to get out of that tank (I spoke to him about the setup, unfortunately there is a vet that they have to go by their "orders" basically). The manager says he had a dragon over 10 years though so at least he knows about them.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh, yeah in case you didn't see petco is also having their $1 a gallon sale. If you need/ want a 40 gallon breeder, $40 for the tetra all glass now's the time to get it.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Hey!

Thanks for messaging me. We run a rescue out of our home and can totally take the little guy. I could go get him this evening. What do I need to do to make this happen? We will give him LOTS of love and either keep him or place him and we are super picky about who we adopt to.

Let me know! I'll PM you back with my phone number. Thank you so much for looking out for this little guy. <3

~Shelby

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm really not sure what has to happen, I put the phone number of the store above, I would take him as well at least to find him a good home, but I thought I would see if anyone here would want him. My new two I've only had for a few months now and bam bam is getting over being sick. Call and ask for John I believe, the manager, he is really nice. They have him quarantined in the back for now, and the tank looks nice as well as the other supplies although I'm not sure what kind of uvb was in there. Id have to wait until later to speak to my other half. I just want that sweet guy in a good home forever, not forgotten about. I told John (the manager) I would post about him here and find someone that will give him the love he needs. He has been on my mind all day, he looks pretty darn good too, I've almost been back in the car 4 or 5 times to get him, but like I said my other half is at work so.... I think he would be available now, but just call them, lol sorry I'm rambling.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is a nice size guy too I'm guessing around 20 inches, not too thin either good for the parents for bringing him somewhere before it got bad. He looks like a handsome character. I'm so excited that he might go somewhere good, if the manager changes his mind about him being free, let me know and I will go back and get him myself since he said free to me, then we could work it out from there. Just say you were talking to the girl that was in there this morning.
thank you, Kirsten

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Okay, I'll call and talk to him and update you.

I can totally keep you posted on him. We always say that if there are second lives, you want to come back as a lizard in our home. :) Spoiled rotten!

~Shelby

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:lol: so are mine spoiled rotten, I've had these 2 New ones since Feb. My old guy Loki passed away at the beginning of the year, that petco is actually where I purchased him. I went to "look" at dragons, and took home two 2 year olds, otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. It would have been "look at this handsome man I just adopted". Also bam bam was dehydrated and hadn't been eating anything but crickets (he was offered greens and pellets at the store just didn't eat them) I'm sure because now after much patience and tears (also a vet visit) he seems wayyyyy better, but still needs lots of attention right now.

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hope there isn't anything severe that's unnoticeable, parasites are always a possibility but from what I could tell good meals and baths will be all he needs. Hopefully.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Okay, weird. I posted a message here and it seems to have disappeared. So maybe I did something wrong.

Anyway, I talked to John and he was fabulous. I'm picking the little guy up tonight and if we end up deciding to place him instead of keep him forever, then I will give you right of first refusal free of charge since you cared enough to make sure he was well taken care of. :)

Also, Major props to John. He said that once our rescue is fully established as an official 501c3 Non profit that he is happy to have an adoption day event for me at the store to help adopt out the animals and spread awareness about the proper care of reptiles, etc. :) Great guy!

You have my phone number and you can also email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks!

~Sehlby

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes he is a great guy, always helpful and cares about the animals, I asked to talk to him because the lights were not on yet in the baby cage, they had just opened but still (did you read the whole post about the babies as well, also the $1 a gallon event?). I didn't realize they have like "protocols" they have to follow, I don't think he agreed with some of them. The way he said "yeah, we have to follow what the vet we have says" seemed like he wasn't too happy about it. He owned (I don't know if he still does or not) a beardie before for 10 plus years is what he told me earlier. He went and got the handsome beardie, then took me to the back where the cage and stuff was, very happy with his concern to find the beardie a good home as well.
I would definitely like to know all that goes on with him, and would love the chance to decide if I could take another one, so let me know. I have a feeling he has quite the personality though, so I wouldn't be surprised if you keep him.
That's awesome that he will do adoption day for you when you get all set up, glad to hear I not only helped the beardie but you as well. Proper care awareness is definitely needed and I would be happy to help as well. Oh, I feel so happy right now.
What time are you going?

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
I'm dropping my kids off for scouts and youth group activities at 7pm then driving to the store. So I'll get there around 7:30 I'm guessing.

~Shelby

kbro

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, I might just show up as well to see him off if it's possible, depends on my boyfriend he has odd hours doing tree work. Sometimes I care about animals too much lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom