Surprise you got a new pet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

memjay

Earlier this year I took in a 3 yr female beardie who was unable to be cared floaded have given her a loving wonderful home. But this story isnt about her, its about my new boy Popeye.

I work as a landlord and last month I had someone who was set to leave the middle of February. We had made arrangements for me to come by on the 10th to do an inspection. On that day I arrive at the property to find no one answering the door, I tried calling to find a disconnected number. I found myself getting really uncomfortable, at this point I made the decision to enter the unit. Well guess what it was empty and really really clean. When you first enter you have access to the kitchen, dining area and the bedroom hallway, the living room is too the back left. I checked the rooms, everything was good no issues. Then I walked into the living room and my heart completely broke. There he was still completely set up, all supplies sitting beside his tank, lights plugged in with a slimy water dish, dry greens, on playground sand!!! YES Playground Sand!!! I became furious. I coaxed him out got him into water and used my scarf to dry him after a bath. The whole time I didnt know what to do, I dont drive its winter, and I have a girl at home that I have had for 1 month. I started calling everyone I know trying to find someone to take him. No one could, one friend offered to pick us both up and take me home. Well that settled it. I had 2 beardies now.
When my hubby got home I expected him to be grumpy about it but it was love at first sight.
I was able to track down the people who abandoned him and they figured someone would take him as they were leaving the country to go home.

Popeye is part of the family now, and has had a very rough start. He was over loaded on calcium and was severely dehydrated. He was also skittish. But he has adapted well and loves to come to me because he knows its either bath or playtime.

Linkcwz

Wow! I'm glad someone that already has one found him. I'd hate to think what would've happened otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom