Rot tail bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomi92

Today i was in my local pet store to buy few circikets for my BD and they have 1 bearde dragon for like 4 months when they got him it was so nice really nice colors,weight and alert every time i go back its sems he is wors now he is so skinny and he got rot tail disease.I was curious and I asked the seller whats wrong with his tail and she told me that she probably caught the tail between some object and it will grow back if she lost his tail i was shocked,sad and very depressed they dont care abaut pets they sell they dont even know what is wrong ewith him anmilas arent food or car they are living beings ffs.Set up is uwb 10.0 repti glo compact light no basking light only stone heater and alot of moisture.They sell him for 79€ (107.46$) i really dont know what to do if he stay ther he will die soon even if i buy him i dont know if I can help him my be its to late he live in poor conditons for 4 months now.If i ttell my paranets i wana save him they will probably not allowed me to buy naother dragon how big tank i need for 7.9 in bearde dragon?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). Personally I wouldn't bother buying him. It sounds like he was been treated poorly. Here is why I personally dont think you should buy him. He is really expensive. You are going to have to buy all new things for him more then likely. The UVB is wrong. If he does have tail rot and it isn't just the very first stages of it then he will need a vet. If you can afford all of this then you can try saving him but it will be pretty expensive. You should tell that owner that beardies aren't like some other species of reptiles and don't grow their tails back. That place sounds pretty horrible on research.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
I would look on the internet for a bearded dragon rescue group in your area or surrounding area and let them know the condition of the dragon see what they may be able to do. Its a lot to take on a sick poorly treated animal with set up and vet costs, so that's what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom