Fafnir <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keelah

Hey everyone, I've been a member for a while but have been away and inactive due to health problems. Anyways, I've always been an animal lover and I've always valued reptiles on the same level that I would for any other animal. I do not think of them any less than a dog or a cat. Since being in the herp community and bearded dragon community, it has been brought to my attention that not everybody shares this mindset - and that there's a multitude of people that consider these wonderful creatures to be nothing more than throw away pets. Needless to say that since this realization, I have been working my butt off to stay pro active in the fight against reptile and beardie abuse! My personal contribution is donations to my local reptile rescues and turning my own bedroom into a reptile room.

Mister Fafnir was surrendered to me by the same guy who had put me in contact with my first dragon Draiga. When Fafnir came to me, I was pretty heart broken at the shape of this little guy, he truly is tiny. From what the previous owner had told me about him, he is the same age as my girl Draiga, who is HUGE! I guess that just goes to show what the proper nutrition and lighting really does for a growing dragon. Fafnir is an absolutely gorgeous hypo leatherback - he is all in one piece and missing no digits which is pretty surprising given his history. It is my understanding that he's spent a majority of his young life housed with female dragons, cohabitation. The diet consisted of lettuce and a few roaches, the UVB bulb was compact fluorescent. To this owners credit, I think it was a matter of husbandry changes over the years and keeping up with the times. He really did try to care for him the best that he knew and he did love his dragon. Fafnir has a lot of spunk and he is a male to the max, head bobbing and everything! He's got an awesome smile that he shows off a lot.. <3

OnTheRoadToRecoveryCollage_zps93a4e442.jpg

He is doing pretty good but I wish he would put on more weight.. it really worries me how small he is.. if anyone has any tips on bulking up a skinny dragon (healthily), that would be really helpful! Thank you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom