My two new rescues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookie lookie what I got!!!! These two little ones were given to me by a woman who`s beardie had a clutch (or litter as she said...lol) of 22 eggs. Only 7 hatched, and four died within a couple of days. The three that survived the next three weeks were frail, paralyzed, had MBD, were impacted, and were very dehydrated. Well, just a few hours after I received the three, the sickest one died in my hands. :cry: I`ve been working with the other two and doing my best. They`ve been doing their best, too, and both are coming along quite well now. I`ve got questions for you all, but I`m really tired tonight so I`m just gonna post a quick pic... This warmed my heart and helped confirm that I`m doing the right things!

7RBxc6r.jpg
[/url][/img]

This is my first rescue -- little Michelle. When I got her at 5 months, she was just 28 grams. She was lethargic, not eating, and not a happly little dragon. With the proper lighting and feeding, she was 58 grams three and a half weeks later and was able to go home. She still visits me regularly. These are 'before' and 'after' pics of her in her favorite spot. As I took the second pic, I swear she looked at me and thought, "What happened to the curtains. Did they shrink???"

Ioq9Eiyl.jpg
[/url][/img]

One month later, during a visit last week.
M35rKDBl.jpg
[/url][/img]

dizzythekid

Good on you for doing such a selfless thing! I'm sure it was scary at first, but it's nice to hear they're doing well :) And that picture of them together is absolutely adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom