unexpected rescue. help! (Picture heavy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion! Most of the time we can get his meds in him. But there were a couple of days where he was just not going to take them no matter what! We've actually been a little worried about him the last couple of days. He's been way more lethargic than usual and yesterday he didn't eat.

Today we did get him to eat 5 dubias, so that makes me feel better, but he still worries me. Super looking forward to getting him tested for adv.

~Shelby

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shelby,

Aw, he is so cute & a good amount smaller than the other one. Poor guy, at least he has improved & is eating too. You are doing great!
He sure know how to pose, doesn't he? :D
I am glad that he ate some dubias today. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

You're doing a great job with him. He's got beautiful colours, too, and he is so sweet. They do get stubborn sometimes, don't they! At least he refuses outright and doesn't take it in his mouth and then spit it out!

He may always be smaller, but I'll bet his heart is huge!

All the best!

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks. He is really sweet. I call him a he, but we really can't tell. He's so under developed that we haven't been able to sex him yet. So the antibiotics really made a difference. He keeps his eyes open most of the time now and they look a lot better.

One thing that is weird is that now he's spent the last 24 hours with his stress marks out and dark. I am not really sure why they would show up so strong now. I'm wondering if now that his eyes are open and he can see that maybe he's stressed about being in a completely strange environment.

I've double checked all of his temps in his viv and he has all the correct lighting. So, I'm guessing this is more of transition stripes. I guess we'll see if they go away over the next week or so.

~Shelby

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi there!

Thanks for checking in. The only reason that I have been so quiet is because I have been in Jamaica since December 4th and return home on January 10th. I miss my dragons LIKE CRAZY but they have a great pet sitter.

We haven't tested Hermes for Adeno yet, but will when we return home. He's doing GREAT. His eyes seem just fine now, however, I do suspect that his vision is not superb like most dragon's are. I hope that gets better, but I'm not sure. At least he is no longer blind. :)

Here are pics of the three dragons that our pet sitter sent us last night. It made me homesick for them. 23 days is a long time to have been without them already!

Hermes:

1479215_10202693736643330_147977597_n.jpg

This might have been taken after his bath, but there is a possibility that he still always has his stress marks. Before we left, he still always did. They do lighten up, but so far they never go away. But now that he's got some weight on him, when we get back we can have the vet do a full work up on him. :)

My son's girl, Artemis:

1545108_10202693736003314_1559263609_n.jpg

My boy Apollo:

1502561_10152139836227363_1886539175_n.jpg

They are growing like weeds she tells me. Eating a TON of bugs and veggies. I get to see them on January 11th (because they will be sleeping when I get home on the 10th.) And I can't wait and just really hope I've had them long enough for them to stay bonded with me.

Well Apollo is hte one I have the beardie bond with. UHG! I love being in Jamaica, but sure miss these silly lizards!

~Shelby

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Thanks for that :) He looks loads better!

Why do you say his vision isn't like other dragons? Is one eye actually smaller?

Thought I'd mention something seeing as I have a blind beardie; she does something almost similar to stargazing where she pans her head slowly and smoothly to the side or upwards. That's her way of listening and figuring out where the noise is coming from because she can't use vision.

Honestly don't know how you could stand leaving them for that long, lol! :D

Keep up the good work when you get back - he's lucky to have you.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well he was basically blind when we got him. His eyes were sealed shuy from old shed and both eyes had infection in them. Now that that is all cleared up he keeps his eyes open but he does dumb stuff that the other dragons don't do like run right off your hand or a table, etc.

But hearing that your blind beardie makes a star gazing type stance gives me some hope. :) thanks for sharing!

Shelby

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Poor little guy :(

Er... normal dragons run off the edge of tables, and crash into chair legs hehehe! Maybe yours just haven't started yet :wink:
On the contrary, that's one thing my blind girl rarely does... she's clever, feels her way around and when she steps off the edge of something she can even swing herself back up.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol don't get me wrong...I love Hermes, but I'm not sure he's the brightest bulb on the tree. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom