Pixel is too sassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
hi!
this is the first time i'm posting on this website. i recently rescued a young beardie from the Petsmart i work at. she had been bit on the ribs by another female beardie and when she saw the vet he determined she had broken ribs and a bunch of dead scales covering an infection. when she was still at petsmart i was taking care of her and administering her subq injections every third day and she did really well with the antibiotics and beat the infection!

once she was ready to go to a new home i took her right away since i bonded with her over the few weeks she was sick. now that shes home with me she is very very very sassy. she hisses at me when i open her tank to see her. shes eating fine and shedding and seems like a normally happy beardie. i'm looking for suggestions on how to work this "attitude" out of her. i do keep handling her regularly (once i can catch her) and after a few seconds of being in my hands shes fine! i just don't want to have her grow up and hiss and flare at me every time i open her tank. any suggestions?!

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Keep up the handling. You are the boss, she needs to know that. She will get used to you eventually. She also could be adjusting to her new environment still.

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks, yeah i handle her a few times a day and she will actually eat veggies or hormworms from my hand now.

i think my male beardie was taunting her because they could see each other so i've blocked that off now and she seems to be calming down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom