What Really Grinds My Gears..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keelah

So today browsing craigslist like I always do, browsing through the pet section - I stumble upon this ad.

Cue link (I apologize if I'm not allowed to link to other sites)

http://denver.craigslist.org/pet/4056255380.html

Okay now as all of us will note, there are quite a few things wrong in these pictures. No proper source of UVB, no stimulating cage decor, dirty repti carpet, diet is incomplete and lacking.. not to mention the main thing that jumps out at me. That one in the first picture is clearly suffering from a case of MBD, from what I can tell.. isn't that what the underbite/overbite signifies? All this aside, they're asking for $100 a piece.. kinda steep for some malnourished beardies I'd say.

So I've got one very healthy and spoiled girl dragon at the moment. I do have the resources to take on one more dragon if one should surface that I absolutely can't say no to. I've seen that ad posted a gazillion times - obviously nobody wants them. I finally contacted the owners and very politely let them know the things that they were doing wrong, not to be rude! Just because they clearly didn't know.. my agenda was to rescue the male out of that situation and get him into a clear state of health with the proper care he needs.

Long story short, they didn't care and wouldn't surrender the male unless I paid the $100. This whole thing inspired me to reach out here on the forums to see if there's a dragon on here that could use rescuing. At least if someone is on here looking to surrender their dragon, they will hopefully already know that the dragon is more important than the money. Having my girl Draiga has brought me so much joy and opened my eyes to how special these creatures truly are - even though I only have resources to take on one more, that's one less dragon that won't be stuck in a bad situation.

I do have a health condition which keeps me homebound, so I've got a lot of time and love to give to one more lucky dragon (lucky is possibly an understatement). :roll: :lol:

grinds_zpsc71bdccd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom