Craigslist rescued dragon- Oleo! (questions and pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZPumpMan

Hey everyone! The other day I rescued a one year old dragon (oh-lee-oh).
He seemed pretty healthy, he didn't eat the night I got him. Although, the next day he ate 90 worms! I do have a question though... While I had him out on my bed he climbed up on my pillow and took a giant dump. It was weird though... It was a LOT of green liquid (not slimy, almost like green water). It had three large white pieces in the pool of green, they looked almost as big as superworms which is what the previous owner said she fed him often. Unfortunately I didn't even think to take a picture. Should I be worried? I just don't have money for another vet visit... Anyways here's Oleo!
This is a baby picture of him the owner gave me... Hes so awesome!
Attachment-1_zpsba03507c.jpg

Here's him the way home, he wouldnt take his head off me!
null_zpsaf0924ba.jpg

I think he likes his new setup :)
null_zpsa205b1b3.jpg

He's a big boy!
null_zpsfe643217.jpg

IMG_20130916_162815_zps7cb43a47.jpg

Chill in' with his best owned ever (duh :lol: )
IMG_20130916_165340_zpsa8ef05df.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
He looks so content with his head snuggled into your neck! He's a lucky guy! I wouldn't worry about the one poop. The water just means that he is hydrated. The white parts are actually the urates, or pee, in a solid form, which is normal. Was there any brown part, which would be the actual poop? What kind of worms were the 90 that he ate?

AZPumpMan

Original Poster
He's so cute, he won't go to sleep until he sleeps on my neck (where he's at right now :lol: ). He'll just stay awake in his cage until he falls asleep on me first, I love it. But about the poop, no there was no brown that I could see. It was all green liquid and white solids. And I feed him wax worms (until the horn worms and dubia's come in the mail tomorrow).

Both my aunt and myself have gotten beardies we found on craigslist locally. It's a shame how many people out there do no research what so ever and the poor beardies end up suffering.

The one my aunt got there was no pictures of it but we went to get it and when we pulled in I thought this beardie should have it good, the people appeared to have a lot of money (nice house, huge yard, nice cars, etc.) but when they brought her out I wanted to start crying, I kept my mouth shut until we left and I told her I don't know how she was still alive, she was so dehydrated and thin it was sickening. For people to have money yet starve an animal is horrible, not to mention the condition of her enclosure. Old raggy dirty carpet, dried up food in a rusty metal lid, omg it was horrible! They didn't even have a UVB light... She is now spoiled and well taken care of and she got fat real quick!

I got two beardies together from someone on craigslist and when we got there to pick them up I noticed the one had missing toes and the other one dragged her back legs, I felt so bad for them. He says her toes got bitten off by a mean lizard and the other one he don't know what happened to her that she was like that when he got her. I thought she had MBD but a trip to the vet revealed that she had nerve damage possibly from something falling on her, I was devastated when he told me the best thing to do was put her down because her quality of life was not going to get better no matter what they did. She was so loving and so pretty, she was my sons favorite and she was my little girl. We ended up getting her cremated and she sits on our fire place mantle next to her picture.

This is our little girl
g77h.jpg

And here's Big Mama, shes doing great even though shes missing a few toes!
j0xj.jpg

AZPumpMan

Original Poster
Just an update! But first, can anybody tell me what tongue/mouth rot looks like? I've never owned an adult before so I don't know if its normal but on the tip of his tongue its white/grey. He still licks everything, still eats everything, and still active as can be. Okay, now for the pictures!

Hanging with Chasity

Lookin' hungry :lol:

He gets his time looking outside and basking in the real sun for about 3 hours a day :mrgreen:

After playing and cuddling, he runs around my room until he finds a spot to spend literally all day :lol:

His colors are finally coming in, red is starting to show all around and through the black. His "black" tiger bars are now a light brown and instead of his head being really dark, its supper light! He's so perfect :mrgreen:

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Awww! What a cutie big guy! :) Don't you just love those beardie snuggles?

I think the tongue color being slightly paler at the tip is normal. Both of my beardies have nice pink tongues overall, but the tip is slightly whiter. I would be more concerned if the whole tongue was pale. Mouth rot you see a lot of inflammation and yellowish discoloring. As long as you don't see that, I think you're boy is fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom