2 new rescues - Jane and Rosalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebee

Juvie Member
Hey everyone,

You may remember that I rescued a beardie (named Poppy) in February. She's doing great! She's now 17 inches long and around 320 grams, and has no known health issues :D

On Sunday afternoon, I got two new rescues - a 6 month old and a 2 month old. They both appear to be girls. They were housed together at their previous home, and there were several other husbandry things that I did not agree with that I've now fixed. They are now housed separately, as there is a significant size difference between the two.

Please meet Jane ("Janie") and Rosalie ("Rosie")! (Please note Rosie giving the camera attitude :lol: )

Jane is the 6 month old, and she's on the small side at a little under 12 inches and 105 grams. I'm not too worried about Jane, as Poppy was smaller at 10 months, and is now healthy and a normal size. Rosalie is about 5.25 inches (she has a tail nip) and 15 grams, and she's my first "baby" beardie. Jane has moved into Poppy's old 55 gallon (Poppy is now in a 4'x2'x18" Critter Condo), and Rosie is in the 40 gallon tank that came with them. They are both eating well (they're even eating a few bites of salad!), and moving around their tanks. They are both still stressed, and Jane still hasn't gone potty, but they both seem to be healthy!

Now for pictures!
Jane:
8/25/13 Jane

8/25 Jane - she actually stayed like this all night :lol: You can tell by looking at her feet that she was on red sand.

8/26 Jane - she had just eaten, and she was sitting very awkwardly

8/26 Jane - ready to go to sleep

8/27 Jane gaping

8/28 Jane showing off her sexy legs!

Rosalie:
8/25 Rosalie is tiny!

8/25 Rosalie

8/25 Rosalie in her newly set up tank. She's on paper towels for now.

8/25 Rosie - she's so pretty :)

8/25 Rosie looking at her reflection

8/25 Rosie - so cute!

8/25 Rosie basking

8/26 Rosie hiding under her paper towels

8/28 Rosie basking

8/28 Rosie showing off her sexy legs!

bumblebee

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Esther! :D I'm not sure if they're staying permanently yet, but I'll have them for at least a month or so to make sure they're healthy before maybe looking for a good home. (I say that now, but I know that in a month, I'll be really attached :wink: )

bumblebee

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I feel like such a slacker for not posting an update on Jane and Rosie for so long! :oops:

They're both doing well. Jane is almost 16 inches and around 300 grams as of a week ago, and Rosie is 10 inches and around 100 grams (she's growing slowly but steadily, and her fecal exam came back clean). Considering Rosie's weight, I think she'd be over 12 inches if she didn't have her tail nip. I just found out this week that Jane has pinworms. I have ordered medication for her and it should be here Friday, so hopefully she'll be parasite-free in a few weeks.

Here are a few recent pictures. The pumpkin ones are from a few days after Halloween, and the others are from this past weekend.
Jane:

Rosalie:

And my other two :)
Dante:

Poppy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom