new girl and why people make me mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjsexotics

Hatchling Member
Well I have been on a search for a female bearded dragon. I did want to go the breeder route because I know there are so many that need good homes I figured I would wait and watch craigslist and the right one would find me. Its been only about a month and I saw an add on craigslist free female beardie must go its mean...Well I have never once meet a mean bearded dragon so I got to emailing they told me she was 2 years old and they have had her since she was a baby and she laid a clutch of eggs and ever since then has been mean and wont let them touch her and they want her gone. They said she will run after there hand while cleaning the cage and is just nasty. I meet them today to take her and I was well truthfully not that surprised she is a tiny little thing about 11 inches and no where near breeding weight. I told them she was tiny and his answer was yes he kept her on a diet she was only allowed a particular amount of food because he didn't want her to get fat. well no wonder she was chasing his hand around the cage she was asking for food poor girl is skin and bones and had to clutches of 30 eggs this year and is tiny. I wanted to smack him really you kept her on a diet wow :banghead:
I brought her home and soaked her she had never been soaked before she totally freaked out but I got her calm and she drank and then proceeded to eat and eat roaches and supers and everything in site. I named her Mrs. my male is Mr. so they will be a couple one day if she is ever up to it but now she is loved and will never be on a diet again

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
People just make me so mad when they know nothing about beardies......... Good for you to take her in and hoping she grows and gets fat for you.

Muse73

I have a natural aversion to breeders (not that pet stores are any better, most of them get their supply from breeders too). It comes from years of dealing with puppy farms, and seeing the end result of what they do.

For a lot of people its just about the money. They don't care if the animal dies, or its babies die, because they can just make more.

Working with the Animal Protection League here really made me appreciate animals more, and humans less ..lol. The things I have seen I will never be able to unsee. Nightmares to last a lifetime.

So I totally get why people make you so mad. I am really glad she has a new home, with someone that will love her, and care for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom