Getting 2 new members this weekend... Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Hi guys, I'm getting these 2 this weekend or next week, http://www.gumtree.co.za/cp-reptiles-in-sedibeng-vereeniging/2-bearded-dragons-for-free-509435926

These are 2 males, in one cage. One is missing a foot and his tail and the other one is missing part of his tail. He says they are eating good but in the pictures he sent me, they are both laying with their eyes closed. So I was wondering what I should get them if they don't eat. they are not active at all. One is underweight while the other one looks a bit sturdier.

Any tips on what to do when they get here and for the trip home will be greatly appreciated!

Also I keep reading of critical care, is it something you buy or can you make it yourself?

Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Penelope....your very, very brave. Poor things ! Do you have a more close up picture of their injuries ? The one that has most of it's tail missing is of concern, it looks a bit dark at the end. The reason I mention is because there is not much room for amputation if needed without cutting into his hemipenes. Last year a poster put up pics of a horrific amputation of his dragon's tail where the vet cut into the hemipenes. If you can ask for a close up of that tail, you may need to really consider whether you can handle it....that is if it really is that bad....maybe it's not. But if you haven't already, please ask for close ups of the injuries so you have an idea of what you will be dealing with. It's only fair to you because it could be expensive as well as heart breaking. If you do get them,the ride home will be fine with just a dark box [ it keeps them calmer ] and a couple of rags that you don't mind getting soiled if they were to have to go poo.

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'll ask for close-up pictures of those injuries when the guy's phone comes on again, the picture he sent me was from where they were both at a feeding bowl but both their heads were down with eyes closed. But I can see a small dark part on the left of his tail but it doesn't look like necrotic tissue.

Luckily it isn't a case of ignorance but of the right education on their care. He wants what best is for them, and that makes things much easier.

One will go to my friend who lost her dragon a few weeks ago and the other one will go to a friend in about 8 weeks.

So far we are going to get them on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom