Beardies in need of rescue in MD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamsong

I've been looking around on Craigslist for supplies and other things, and I happened to find an add by someone hoping to rehome a pair of Bearded dragons. They're 1.5 years old, male and female, and both of them are crammed in a 30gal tank together. It's really eating at me, since they're both drop-dead GORGEOUS dragons! I'd gladly take them in myself, but the owner is asking for a $200 rehoming fee, and I'm not able to afford that, let alone afford to buy proper caging/heating for the both of them. Without the tank, he's asking $180 for them with the rest of the supplies, half of which are worthless (3 heat mats, water purifier, and dry food)

The link to the Craigslist add is here[url]

If anyone lives near Prince Georges County, and has the means to provide a home, even a temp home, please help these two lovely beardies! (Note, I am unsure if he still has them or not. There are other beardies locally that need help as well, but these two jumped out at me as being a bit more in need. It wouldn't surprise me if the female ended up being gravid

Dreamsong

Original Poster
A few hours ago, I found another craigslist add where someone wanted to re-home their beardie. This one struck me as odd, as the rehoming fee was only 25$ for the beardie, tank, basking platform and a water dish. I contacted the owner, thinking I'd be interested in bringing this guy home, and soon learned that 1) He is not including the heat light, as he is using it for another dragon he is keeping, and 2) The beardie he is rehoming is currently living in a 10-15gal tank. Pictures were not included in his ad, but he did send me these pics of the beardie in question, he's in shed atm.

100_0910.jpg

100_0911.jpg

100_0912.jpg

Edit- I may be bringing this little guy home after all, waiting to hear back from mom on our money situation, as I'd be able to move him into one of our old 20gal long tanks temporarily.

Ad - http://baltimore.craigslist.org/pet/3988080030.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom