Freshly Adopted Rescue... What to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought a baby beardie (Kodos) a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love. Hubby and I have been talking about getting a second one right from the start. So today we got a 4 year old male rescue (Kang). The family had gotten him for their child a few years ago and had been neglecting him as of late so they rehomed him. We fed him some crickets and some fresh salad and gave him a bath. He seems to be settling in just fine. Is there anything I should expect over the next few days? And yes they are in separate terrariums, in separate rooms.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for taking in the rescue. I would suggest making sure he is well-hydrated with baths, like you have done :D , and oral fluids. If he looks like he has not been fed much, feed salad only until he produces waste with urates. Then, ease into the live feeders. If he is not used to regular feeding he might throw up.

Kang is very fortunate you adopted him.

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
And to think, we paid $25 for him and everything he needs.

Here he is today basking in his heat lamp. I think the gray is so pretty.
c0349eec-6df1-4a70-b271-a5b333df6e90_zpsaf88305d.jpg

KangAndKodos

Original Poster
I was scared to hold him at first because I saw his pores and thought he was diseased or something. But now that I know other wise im just trying to get to know this guy. Ive always had a thing for the gray and when we bought our baby it was between the gray one I wanted and the one my bf wanted. Bf got the one he wanted... And now hes mine. I still dont get the gray one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom