Nine yo Sick dragon needs rescuing ASAP! North San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonrex

Hello! My dragon is in desperate need of a new home. He has been to the vet three times, and they don't know what is wrong with him. It looks like a fungus, and he has tail rot. I don't know why the vets used antibiotics on him, but that didn't work. He's the sweetest little guy, and i'd hate to have to put him to sleep just because i can't afford his care. He needs an expert to take him. All of his gear goes with him, and i just bought a new UVB light for him. He's about nine years old. I rescued him from neglect when he was two years old, and my situation has changed and i just can't afford anymore vet bills.

Please, if anyone thinks they can help him, come and get him!

Adriana

Please contact the San Diego Herpetological Society Reptile Rescue. They use the best herp vet in San Diego, and take amazing care of their rescues. Go to their website at http://www.sdherpsociety.org and click on "Rescues." You can email the adoption coordinator from there.

dragonrex

Original Poster
Thank you so much, Adriana! I sent them an email earlier today. Haven't heard back yet, but i have my fingers crossed that they will take him.

dragonrex

Original Poster
Hi, thank you for asking! No one ever got back to me at any of the resources i was given. Rex died last week. It was very sad, and i miss him tremendously. As much as i love beardies, i probably won't ever get another one. The vet's who specialize in them don't seem to know a whole lot when it comes down to it, but they're happy to charge an arm and two legs.

Thanks again,

Krista

Adriana

I have thought of Rex often since your post, and was hoping the best for him. I am so sorry for your loss. :(

dragonrex

Original Poster
Thank you, Adriana. I was thinking about coming back here to post about it, but it's just been too sad for me. I guess he was considered a senior dragon at nine years old, but i don't think he lived long enough, at all.

Adriana

It's not how long he lived that matters, but how well he lived, and how much he was loved. I can tell that he lived well and was well loved.

dragonrex

Original Poster
Thanks you guys. That makes me feel better. When i think back on it, i think he had a good life. He was loved not only by me, but by all my family members, and was given lots of attention. I was really expecting the max of 13 years out of him, so i'm mostly disappointed.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom