Bearded Dragon found in my neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimms

Hello, some people found a bearded dragon on a driveway near me. I picked him up right away, took him home and put him into some shallow water (bottled water), he drank immediately. Then I got him set up in a tank I have. I placed the dish with water in there, and laid down paper towel.

I left some greens and red peppers for him in case he wants some.

It's been two hours since we picked him up, and he hasn't moved at all. He seems to just be sleeping. Is this normal?

Should I just leave him be for the night? In case of stress?

It's also kinda hot in my room (80F) Is this too hot at night?

I will take him to the vet as soon as I can, but for now just wondering if it's okay that he hasn't moved at all.

p.s. it's a full size, or almost full size male, his tail his all zig-zaggy, but everything else about him seems OK on the outside.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you were able to pick him up and give him a safe place to stay. He may take a few days to bounce back a bit, but keep offering water if he'll drink it and keep an eye on him. I wonder if he was released or escaped from someplace nearby. It might be worth putting up some posters in case he was lost by accident.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
80 is too warm for nite time --- are you using any type of basking bulbs for him? what about UVB? NO coils if you buy one they are no good--- No Zilla or Thrive fixtures either --- I dont know what you plan to do w/ him but if you end up keeping him you need proper lighting --- please dont go buy a bunch of stuff and most of all DO NOT ask the pet store people they will sell you all kinds of stuff you do not need --- please ask here we will help you -- you need a digital probe thermometer to keep track of temps in the tank --- especially for basking temps --- NO stick ons for that good for ambient temps but not for basking temps--- please post pics of him so we can see his condition
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post

Mcyclemom2000

Beardie name(s)
Chusi
I don't if you use the next door app, but if you do. Its a great place to post lost and found pets. Most pets don't stray too far from home. I hope you find the beardies owner. Thank you for helping it stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom