This is just sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hiya,

I've been avoiding commenting on this thread because I find it almost viscerally upsetting. I don't really have much in the realm of advice, just my condolences.

It sounds like this household isn't very functional and I don't think you're going to get much of anywhere politely. Unfortunately, I think you need to be equally careful with any escalation you make. Do you have an SO and have you talked to them about this in any length? If you have a partner, it's fairly important you two be on the same page regarding this family. Both before you do anything likely to ruffle feathers with them and just so your SO is clear that the household is not on the "green light" list of people trusted with your daughter.

If you have an opportunity and feel safe to, I certainly would talk to all parents/guardians involved if you've only talked to the mother so far. They're obviously not a unified front if the mother tried to sell you the dragon and the boy has a new one now. ://

I think Brandon's suggestion of going to the police over it is a circumstantially good idea, but my experience is that the police aren't going to care unless you already paid for the dragon when it was injured/killed. Even then, they likely won't do anything, but under those circumstances getting them involved will signal to the parents that you're not kidding around. Unfortunately, like I say, they could take it as an attack and further escalate the situation.

Caution is the better part of valor, and while what they're doing and have done is god awful, please keep in mind that you're living next to these people and may have to put up with them in the long run. I low-key hate them for what they did, but it's still a matter of you and your daughter's safety as well. People like this are often reactionary, you know?

On that note, remember that stealing the new animal would definitely be illegal and that you would almost definitely be a suspect. You might want to keep that in mind just in case the animal runs away or gets snagged by a wild animal outdoors, too, since obviously the parents aren't paying much attention and the kid is, well. You know. Lots of things eat lizards, too. Hawks, skunks, cats and dogs, just to name a few that almost every region has. Since they live so close by, if the lizard were to go missing I wouldn't put it past them to accuse you or even go creeping around or even trespassing to peer through your windows trying to find it. Just something you should keep in mind, though I might be being a bit paranoid due to a similar situation that happened to my grandma with a dog named Nicky.

Anyway, good luck, and my sincere condolences. Thank you for caring and trying to help the animals' situation.

Best,
-Ellen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would contact the animal rights activist -----------they are always intervening or the ASPCA---- seems some one can do something especially since she saw first hand the cruelty
Karrie

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
oh my goodness, who has a heart to do that to a living creature, my mom hates my beardie but cares about it enough to help me and watch her. like Karrie said I would contact an animal rights activist right away. it makes me angry to hear, watch, or even think about somebody doing that to a living thing.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Caldera328":1t2p46ee said:
Hey guys...
I have avoided posting this...but it really bothers me and no one else really understands. A few weeks ago I made a deal with the kids mom to buy the dragon. She hates it and wanted $50. Well, she unfortunately told the kid she was selling his pet and he got mad. I walked over there to pay jhis mom and he had the dragon outside. I was a few yards away. This kid looks me in the eyes, picks up this animal and throws it down on the concrete as hard as he could. I was shocked. I ran over and the kid ran into the house. I picked up the animal and realized he must have thrown it down several times. It was bleeding from its nose, mouth open, limp. I kknjust took it home. I put it on a towel and started to make a temporary home. Unfortunately, it was dead in a couple hours. It threw its head back and acted like it was gagging a couple times, then it panicked and tried to run but it couldn’t even stand up. It just paid down and died. I was so angry and the mom didn’t care. She was like, “Just throw it out. I hate it.”

Worst part...a few days ago I saw the kid playing with a toy...it’s a baby dragon. I asked the mom and she said the dad keeps buying them. I called animal control and they can’t do anything.l
If this ever happens again you should take it to the vet and they might be able to intervene.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There is only one word for people like this, KARMA.
I strongly believe in Karma, & one day, they will have it all come back on them in one way or
another. How on earth anyone could hate such a small sweet lizard, must not have a soul.
I don't have anything else to say, that hasn't already been said or is allowed to say here.

Tracie

HemiLeo

KarrieRee":14kapygw said:
Its called animal cruelty and I would be turning them in--- others on here would probably disagree w/ me but the animal needs to be taken away from them and they have no business owning a animal - its Karrie
I agree with Karrie.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Drache613":184x353w said:
Hello,

There is only one word for people like this, KARMA.
I strongly believe in Karma, & one day, they will have it all come back on them in one way or
another. How on earth anyone could hate such a small sweet lizard, must not have a soul.
I don't have anything else to say, that hasn't already been said or is allowed to say here.

Tracie
Well sadly some people are repulsed by reptile and amphibians or they have a phobia. Like take snakes for instance lots of people think their cold, merciless creatures that would try and bite you at any chance they can get when they can be sweeties most of the time and only bite if their provoked or hungry. (Some snakes like if you've ever heard of the youtube channel snake discovery one of their snakes has such a big feeding response that when ever they open its rack it strikes out hoping for a mouse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom