beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
What size is your enclosure?

I'm assuming that heights may vary from 16 to 30" or so (maybe some exceptions with specialty enclosures. So, I am listing only floor space as the options, since a beardie doesn't really use vertical room, other than where the branches are.

And for those that are thinking.. what on earth are pople doing with 24" x 12" enclosures... think babies (I hope).

Nova22

Beardie name(s)
Nova
Only a 36"W x 18"D x 24"H, but most sources seem to agree that a 48"W x 24"D x 24"H is the bare minimum, and my beardie is very active, so hoping to upgrade in the near future. I think I'll have to custom-make the new enclosure as I want to get as large of an enclosure as possible (I have a table/stand that would be perfect for a 60"W x 30"D enclosure, and as beardies are semi-arboreal and my beardie loves to climb, I'll probably make an enclosure of 30-48" tall)

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Voted 60x24 because that's closest to my custom enclosure.

Its 50-W x 30-D x 40-H (ish) on the inside, I always forget the exact measurements. I really like the extra depth and height so she can run around. Devlyn turns around like a truck hauling a trailer so I accommodate her

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis
What size is your enclosure?

I'm assuming that heights may vary from 16 to 30" or so (maybe some exceptions with specialty enclosures. So, I am listing only floor space as the options, since a beardie doesn't really use vertical room, other than where the branches are.

And for those that are thinking.. what on earth are pople doing with 24" x 12" enclosures... think babies (I hope).
On my tank I've glued foam plates to the back and side walls. It's 31" high and my boy will climb up ervery inch on it vertically ;)

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
@Chris.

Agree on that! Mine climbs like crazy. I also have a climbing background (back, and the right side wall) in addition to its branch, and will add another climbing structure to the left.
I'm so happy that I decided for a rather high enclosure. Plus: No problems with the lamps being too close to the dragon.

I had the large enclosure from the beginning on, as I just didn't want to waste money on a smaller "baby" enclosure for which I would have no purpose afterwards.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
@Chris.

Agree on that! Mine climbs like crazy. I also have a climbing background (back, and the right side wall) in addition to its branch, and will add another climbing structure to the left.
I'm so happy that I decided for a rather high enclosure. Plus: No problems with the lamps being too close to the dragon.

I had the large enclosure from the beginning on, as I just didn't want to waste money on a smaller "baby" enclosure for which I would have no purpose afterwards.
That would've been very smart if I just got a bigger tank instead of a small tank because I got a small tank and upgraded it which was a waste of money since I don't have any other baby ones to put in that tank 😂

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
@Hazel_Basil10

I remember my husband thinking I'm crazy ;) when the enclosure was delivered, and it looked (especially empty) really overwhelming. He thought the second time I'm crazy when I bought home Taco, then the typical size of a baby, looking very much like a fence lizard and the enclosure looked waaaays-to-big.
Now, him: "I'm glad you insisted in buying that one, we would have needed it nevertheless" :D

I personally think starting with a smaller tank is fine if you have a lot of reptiles (or insects, amphibians...) and you can always use a spare tank.
But otherwise, just my opinion, it's better to start with the large one, even if you have to save up first and wait a bit until a dragon comes home - as you will need it nevertheless, and so you can be sure to be able to afford the large one. In the end it's cheaper, and less cumbersome (what to do with the old tank, selling, storage...).

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Three 10 gallons (i broke one lol) two 20 long two 40 gallon, now multiple 120 gallons ..... yup I didn't think that through very well lol.
I agree completely it's better to start with the biggest tank first.
I've spent a fortune on tanks that only got used for a few months at a time.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom