Children's Python vs. Corn Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ZooMed's guide says not to place a CHE or heat bulb directly over the heat pad as it can lead to excess build up of heat... Should I scratch the idea of having a regular house bulb over it? Obviously I will have a temp gun to double check before I get the animal. Is there another issue besides heat I should be aware of?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'd say it depends on how things are setup and if both are on a thermostat. Keep in mind many typical setups don't have thermostats or thermal barriers (like the mat being in a hide). Shining a light or Che at a mat with just carpet in the way sounds like bad news.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks yet again.

What I'm wondering is this:
Should the UTH fit exactly to the edges of the cage? Or is a few inches too thin ok?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Skipper7":c8031wm9 said:
Thanks yet again.

What I'm wondering is this:
Should the UTH fit exactly to the edges of the cage? Or is a few inches too thin ok?
its fine if its too short :)

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I've been talking with a breeder and know what I am going to do for enclosures when juvenile and adult. However, I do need help with a thermostat. I really don't want to blow $100 bucks on a vicarious electronics model. Does anyone know a a cheap(ish) thermostat that fails OFF?

I like everything about the hydro farm model besides that it fails on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom