Introducing my crew of snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylphie

As a new person on this forum I though I'd qucikly introduce myself and our snakes :) I'm from Poland, Europe and we're a small breeders that mostly focus on colubrids. We're also having a pair of 2 months old Bearded Dragons and one adopted Crestie, but they are all on acclimation period so no pic for now :)

Here we go with the snakes:

Our trio of Russian Rat Snakes (Elaphe schrenckii), they were our first snakes (namely Artemis, the 3yo normal female) and I would recommend them to anyone! Very curious, always on the display, very hardy and super easy to care for.

Artemis:

iXxT3Zg.jpg

mv9Dmhk.jpg

kWW95bW.jpg

Orion, melanistic male:

IFE0FMX.jpg

4MbsFXv.jpg

p9W19N1.jpg

Callisto, 8yo female:

uArBfFO.jpg

PToK4Q6.jpg

hTCrll9.jpg

And one of the babies we got this year from Artemis&Orion, normal het. melanistic:

JVpNiXj.jpg

uJkblQm.jpg

eIuvofB.jpg

Then we're having two sibling ladies of Japanese Rat Snakes (Elaphe climacophora). They are now having around one year, but since they went off food for the past two monts they are small for they age. We also got a third sibling, but it escaped when they were half year old and although we found it a month later it died few hours later.
Unfortunately no many pics as both of the ladies are little devils with all the waggling of tails, striking and trying to escape

yiVlnmM.jpg

OfNfvYq.jpg

Trio of corns :)

Julian:

mUd7uMG.jpg

5jslkii.jpg

B2vdbEG.jpg

bgTKXDI.jpg

"The white one", female whiteout:

LeTOsux.jpg

W5s178v.jpg

erILvqV.jpg

jwWj6Nw.jpg

Redhead, female amelanistic:

9DyFDeS.jpg

8m1dK2d.jpg

tIflZz7.jpg

And our baby albino Taiwanese Baeuty Rat Snake (O. taeniurus friesei):

eNT0Vjh.jpg

3fx9y1f.jpg

REwZh4J.jpg

And my two beloved ball pythons:

Kluska, normal female:

V9NKjHI.jpg

KNwkd72.jpg

S2e1qcO.jpg

Klusek, firefly male:

0FvNXzQ.jpg

Glgh4Wh.jpg

DTt8xTE.jpg

We're also having one Checkered Garter Snake (T. marcianus), but no good pic yet :)

Oh, and 8 babies of Russian Rats that soon we'll search for new homes!

Ofc I'm having a loooot more pics, but these should be the good start.

Ps. If anyone would want to go on our page, we're still working on it, to find english version just click on the "english" button on menu (left top of the site).

Have a good day!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, your snakes are beautiful!! I am still trying to convince my family that snakes are nice and make good pets :wink:

Sylphie

Original Poster
Thank you!

JessPets, for me snakes are a lot easier than lizards. I mean, their temperaments are a lot less complicated and you learn really fast their body language. For example after few weeks you see that the snake is rather shy and jumpy and prefers to be picked up by snake hook because he's afraid of being picked by hand (and after picking him up he calms down)... or that the snake is calm as angel and you can basically put your fingers in his eye and he'll still be sweet as a pie. Some of them are also a little more complex like they are calm and curious most of the time but also really food driven so you quickly learn to not approach them near feeding time/in shed as they can think that your hand is a food. It's really easy to get to know them, for me lizards are faaar more complicated as a pets.

And well, most of the typical pet snakes like balls or corns are super calm, it's a miracle to find one that bites... and even if it bites (mostly it happens during feeding time if you are not using a tongs) their jaws are far less powerful than dragons, so their bites are not a big deal. But like I said, I'm on a plenty of snake groups and forums and I heard about corn/ball bites maybe 5 times? :lol:

In the end snakes are far easier and "safe" as pets than lizards in my opinion.... also a lot easier to hold as they are not having nails so no scratches!, and rather lenghty so you can always catch the end of the tail even if they try to run away 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom