Royal python

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Hi guys, has anyone here had or owns a royal python?

I have all my stuff ready to go just waiting for her to be ready once feeding is established.

Just wanted some advice on feeding as I have read they can be fussy eaters, and also are there any good handling tips? I know not to handle for 24/36 hours after a feed, but how often should I offer, 5-7 days? and if they don't eat on this day the food will be wasted do I just try the next day next until they eat?

My beardie Bilbo is cool no problems there little tinker!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from Bearded Dragon Discussions to Other Reptile Discussions>Snakes]

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi not sure what happened to your reply as I cant see it? Can you repost please.

Also, I have my warm end at 31-32.5c but I am having problems with the cool end, it's is just too cool 21-22c
I have spair thermostats so I'm thinking to put another heat pad in and set to 27c you think that should do the trick for me. I'm using a faunarium for now but intend to move up to a 36x24x24 wooden viv in time.
I would put a ceramic heat above the faunarium BUT I don't think that would be safe or if it would even work?

Not to worry I am not picking the fella up until the end of September so have time to sort things out.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi not sure what happened to your reply as I cant see it? Can you repost please.

Also, I have my warm end at 31-32.5c but I am having problems with the cool end, it's is just too cool 21-22c
I have spair thermostats so I'm thinking to put another heat pad in and set to 27c you think that should do the trick for me. I'm using a faunarium for now but intend to move up to a 36x24x24 wooden viv in time
I would put a ceramic heat above the faunarium BUT I don't think that would be safe or if it would even work?

Not to worry I am not picking the fella up until the end of September so have time to sort things out.

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

I have spair thermostats so I'm thinking to put another heat pad in and set to 27c you think that should do the trick for me. I'm using a faunarium for now but intend to move up to a 36x24x24 wooden viv in time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom