rattlesnake hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagodto

I'm trying to capture a rattlesnake but I don't know any good place that has an abundance of them.

I only know of this one place (it's a hiking place) but I have to go off trails to get to the area. BUT, the way there is really thick of bushes and I'm afraid I'll get bit.

There is also this other hiking place that has a wide dirt road at the end of each trail and on that road there is always a few snake skins.

If anyone know any good place where there are a lot of rattlesnakes and can be seen quite easily (to some extent ofc.) lemme know please!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've gotta ask... Why?

Messing with rattlesnakes (or any snake) is the best way to get bit, bushes or not.

bagodto

Original Poster
I've always been fascinated with rattlesnakes, especially the pygmy rattlesnakes for as long as I can remember.

I think it started with steve irwin when I saw him freehand a rattlesnake. Of course I know the dangers of a hot pet that is why I plan to have the utmost respect and care when keeping one.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I don't think a WC rattlesnake would be a good first snake, not to mention the legal issues. Didn't you mention you are scared to get bit in another post?

I did and i still am. But rattlesnakes is something I know I wouldn't handle except for when I clean its cage. And when I do handle it, I'll have a humungo stick and gloves to keep it far away from me. Having protective gears though make me 100x more brave when handling a snake.

That snake is something I can admire from afar at the same time close behind a locked glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom