BP Enclosure Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to build a double enclosure for my lizards so that'll free up a 36x18x18 exo terra and a regular 36x18x12 tank. I know a lot of people use rack systems but I prefer display cages since I don't keep too many reptiles. What size do you guys recommend for an adult ball python? I was thinking about using the exo terra but I'm not sure how the front opening design would work with an escape artist snake.

For a ball python I would use a minimum of 30 gal and no larger than 40 gal, so If the 36x18x12 tank is a normal terrarium tank I would recommend that one.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
Is your BP a male or female? Females generally need more room. If its a male, you would be alright with a 30 but i would recommend a 40. If it is a female, you need atleast the 40, but a 50 wouldn't hurt!

The front opening exo terras are great for snakes.just make sure you have something to place in the lock hole on the doors so that your snake can't force their way through. The front opening makes it very easy to remove them from the habitat or just clean up/put in fresh water. I know a couple people who swear by the exo terras just because they have this idea that snakes don't like being approached from above and can create tank aggression. I have owned and rescued tons of snakes of all kinds, and haven't had any proof towards this, but I could picture it being true with some snakes.

-Justin

PoliticalKid

Original Poster
DixieLonestar20x":32n42qnc said:
Is your BP a male or female? Females generally need more room. If its a male, you would be alright with a 30 but i would recommend a 40. If it is a female, you need atleast the 40, but a 50 wouldn't hurt!

The front opening exo terras are great for snakes.just make sure you have something to place in the lock hole on the doors so that your snake can't force their way through. The front opening makes it very easy to remove them from the habitat or just clean up/put in fresh water. I know a couple people who swear by the exo terras just because they have this idea that snakes don't like being approached from above and can create tank aggression. I have owned and rescued tons of snakes of all kinds, and haven't had any proof towards this, but I could picture it being true with some snakes.

-Justin
I don't actually have the snake yet but I've been eyeing this male albino ball for the longest time and I think it might be time to break down and just buy him already. It's good to know that others have had success with the exo terras and when the time comes he should be just the right size for it.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
Yep! Sounds like he should fit just fine :)

Make sure to buy you some kind of locker or something to put through the lock holes on the front though to ensure he doesnt escape whie your away :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom