BP Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Yesterday we adopted/rescued a female BP, the same age as our male: four years. However, little Squeak is about the size of a four MONTH old (similar to the size of our Drake when we got him). Squeak's spine is prominent, but not overly so, and she appears to have a small "bump" just beneath her vent/claspers. Not sure what to make of this.

Aside from these issues, she is beautiful in every regard: gorgeous, shiny, and sweet as can be. My guess is that she's been fed perhaps once per month (if that), rather than once per week, for most of her life. All in all, she is in much better shape than the five-year-old beardie we adopted with her.

Here, she will receive proper care and feeding, however my question is this: what are the odds that she will grow to her full, deserved glory, having been stunted for four years running? The size difference between Squeak and Drake (who is 3 1/2 feet+ with plenty of girth) makes me plain sad...

Many thanks,
~Em

More than likely she has been stunted, there's a very small chance she will grow to normal length but maybe some girth on her. Please keep us updated with her recovery.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
She is a pretty ball. She will, most likely, be quite stunted though. She is past her growing years now. She will still grow but it will be ever so slightly and slowly. How long is she and what is her current weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom