Advice for cleaning Snake (not tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattykassy

Juvie Member
So my little darling decided to have a little fun and instead of eating the mouse he ripped open the stomach and merrily dragged it around the tank, crawled in it, and then proceeded to try to come out.
I cleaned up his feeding tank, all clean, but I'm wondering how can I clean HIM? I'm wondering if a diluted vinegar/water solution is safe to use to wipe him down and then wipe him down with clean water, or is there something else I can use?

Any advice appreciated! :)

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Turn the tap in your bathtub on, then grab your snake and put him under the water, running him through your hands, that will remove any blood or guts he still has on him. You can also put him in the tub and then place him inside a dry towel and let him move around, he will get it all off by rubbing inside the towel. Let me see if I can find you the video on how to wash him under the tap. I have done it before with my BP.

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
The video was meant for getting rid of mites, but it will show you how to wash him in the sink anyway. Just watch the video, no need to listen to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH43JowJGtM

I have done this with Jaxx, my BP but we both prefer letting him swim around in the tub then using the towel. Jaxx is a strange BP and loves water. Good luck.

tattykassy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So basically just a regular ol' bath? I guess I was concerned that water alone wouldn't be enough to "disinfect" him....
Thanks guys, I'll give him a bath and just be super careful to wash my hands after handling for awhile.... :)

-K

tattykassy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay so I watched the video and I now have another question lol
Is it alright that they get their heads wet like that? I've always bathed Jake with his head above water because I was worried water might get into his "face holes" and give him respiratory issues. If its not a problem I won't worry so much when he's in the bath...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom