R.I.P all you Burmese pythons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
I feel very sooty for all those Burmese pythons dying because of stupid people what a sick world we live in and they bribe people to do it for money that's sick and wrong in so many ways it actually makes me want to throw up knowing this is happening right now

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
In places I the states there are wild Burmese and they have competitions every year 25$ entry and then 1500$ for who kills the most and 1000$ for who captures the biggest i

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from Bearded Dragon Discussions-General to Other Reptile Discussions-Snakes]

Idiotsbrother

Ok I know it seems cruel but this is what the problem is.
Burmese pythons are not a native species to Florida,look it up if you don't believe me. :study:
They are pretty much destroying the local wildlife to the point of extinction.
Burmese are very hard to hunt and kill because they are ambush predators.
The hunt for the snakes has only turned up about 11 snakes last time I checked,and there are more than 100,000 of them and 400 hunters.
If you want to protect an invasive species that is killing off native life in Florida fine go ahead.
But that means that there will continue to be constrictions on the pet trade for burmese (no pun intended :wink: ) and more extinct animals.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I know but they still deserve some respect because they are dying for people's careless acts I know it must be done but it is a thought that makes me want to :puke: lol but it's still not the Burmese fault for doing what there instincts tell them to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom