New green anole sisters, so adorable

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Yo!

Someone in our local herp community accidentally had green anole babies. I got 2 of them. I traded the green anoles for about 150 dubia roaches. They came with a little enclosure they are living in right now. I got a 100 watt CHE heat bulb and T8 5.0 bulb by Zoo med. I've read conflicting views on either 5.0 or 10.0 bulb strength. Still researching. They can get within 4 inches of the bulb right now and seem to enjoy basking

The enclosure they came in. They are about 3-4 months old
103228-7536260797.jpg

So this came up rather suddenly so I didn't have much time to plan anything.

I am going off what I taught myself when I was 6 or so years old and had a pair of anoles growing up.

My theory of socializing anoles is to keep a small container in their house. Some real or fake plant in it. Use this container to bring anoles outside. Let them crawl into your hand if they feel brave. I have an advantage starting with captive born babies, they have always known humans
103228-2881764686.jpg
103228-9114834191.jpg
103228-4404853857.jpg

Look at that brave green anole!

The girls came with the names Mary Kate and Ashley. Since they are sisters and anoles are very hard to tell apart. The names might stay. I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell which is which

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Anoles are so cool! They got me interested in lizards when I was a kid and visited Florida. Hopefully they will wind up being fun pets for you.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Thank you Cooper

Look, it only took me a half hour to get a good picture of both sisters
103228-3305204455.jpg
They may have to called Mary Kate and Ashley because I can't tell them apart

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
CooperDragon":neth3r1d said:
Does one always look a little darker than the other? Or is that temporary or a photo illusion?
That color was different but they change colors a lot. Color is meaningless, ha ha.

However, I can finally tell them apart. One has bit more lippy face (light green in pic). The other has a smoother lip line (darker green in pic).
You'll...have to take my word for it :blob8: :blob8:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom