Anole Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

krusty46

My wife and I seized 3 Anoles from my sister-in-law. I say seized because she gave them to us to watch while she was on vacation, but when we got them we realized she had no business keeping lizards. She was feeding them freeze dried crickets that were bigger than the Anoles and offered no lighting what so ever.
Long story short, we have a UV bulb over them now along with a heat lamp. 2 of them look weak and eat very little, but I think they will be ok with some TLC.
The 3rd looks really bad. He's almost black and all skin and bones. I have been feeding him Gatoraid with a syringe and was wondering what else we could do at this point. He is unable to eat crickets at this time.
This is a pic I took after we got him
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vivu9ofop5y5xvs/2012-12-23 10.05.38.jpg
Thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are the anoles?
How large of a tank are they in & are you offering small live insects?
Do you use a UVB light also?
I hope they are starting to improve for you. The gatorade is fine, but be sure to dilute it with water so they don't get too much sugar if you are still using it.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom