anoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

invictusrules

Juvie Member
I saw a hatchling outside two days ago - it could have perched on the tip of my thumb! We overwinter anoles inside when we find them in weird places. They ride inside on plants/tools/etc. and we find them all pathetic and thirsty. I keep a bunch of 10 gallon tanks ready to set up for anole hotels. Some of them have actually come back inside for a second winter - unique markings confirm! I guess they like the accommodations...

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Awww that is so sweet to overwinter the anoles and give them a place to stay. :D Our winters are mild so we don't see them in need like you do. One of my anoles I'd captive bred and the other is wild caught. We found a teensy baby anole a month or so ago that was very dehydrated and we kept it for 48 hours under observation and then released it. It was the sweetest thing, I'll post a picture here later on.

What do you feel your anoles? We feed 1/4" crickets and mealworms. I bred mealies and we have thousands of little bitty ones right one. :shock: I'm not sure what to do with them all! We also feed very teensy silkworms when we have them.

invictusrules

Juvie Member
ShannyBeard":3mc3t7od said:
What do you feel your anoles? We feed 1/4" crickets and mealworms.
Same things, except I also order a vial of bluebottle pupae to hatch into flies. I stick the adults in the fridge to slow them down come feeding time. The anoles go nuts for them! The flies are actually kinda pretty, but they make the most evil buzzing sounds when they get disturbed. :shock:

lizziethebeardie

Original Poster
This is so awesome....this morning I woke up an turned my anoles light on and thre was an egg I was anaware that they mated so I don't have an incubator. I put it in a small container and put an uth under it and gave it moist soil so hopefully it will hatch. My 3 year old sis is so excited lol
Lizzie will and the egg

lizziethebeardie

Original Poster
thanks......bad news... one of my green anoles has been in a seperate tank bcuz she has a crack in her tail and today i put a cricket in and she wont eat. any ideas on what this is and how to cure it?
Lizzie and Will

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
No I don't know what that could be - I wish I did. No history of tail trauma? Is she shedding or about to?

We had one of our anoles get bitten by another one and he had a wound on his butt and we took him out and applied Neosporin. It was swollen and looked bad, but it healed.

Last year I thought my big anole was going to die. She developed a swollen lip and barely ate for months. I took her out and dripped Reptaid on her mouth in the area that was affected, she literally turned into skin and bones for a few months, and then she started to recover and looks amazing now. Even my sister thought she was going to die.

Can you post a pic so we can help you brainstorm? I know not eating for one day or even a week or 2 isn't going to kill them. How long have you had this anole?

lizziethebeardie

Original Poster
ive had her for 6-7 months ill put a pic on later i put a small waxworm in bcuz she is skin and bone and wax worms are high in fat but she hasnt ate it. i think one of my mails bit it idk
Lizzie and Will

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I have kept anoles, too they are so beautiful. I am sorry to hear about your female's tail! I hope it heals up fast.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom