ANOLES plot to take over this forum...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AllanonsWrath":28rj2du3 said:
10gal is fine for a single leo. They don't need a whole lot of room :p Anoles on the other hand are EVIL!!

My anoles really ARE evil. We had guests this weekend so I didn't feed them any little mealies. They have crickets in there still, anyhow. Well, last night I felt bad and fed them 10 mealies and they were both headbobbing and being jerks to each other. :roll: :lol:

My leo really does need more room. She likes to walk around and explore AND I have three hides in her home, so the floor space is kinda limited. :(

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
You could always build a second story in the tank with a ramp to give her some more space. I always find leos are lazy little buggers at work. Anoles can be evil sometimes. I would have them jump on my face or sometimes bite me when I was cleaning their tank at work. We have a Bahaman anole in the back that we had to separate after he tried to murder the other smaller anoles. He's a little beast.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Fuzzyviper":yi7gjkbx said:
You could always build a second story in the tank with a ramp to give her some more space. I always find leos are lazy little buggers at work. Anoles can be evil sometimes. I would have them jump on my face or sometimes bite me when I was cleaning their tank at work. We have a Bahaman anole in the back that we had to separate after he tried to murder the other smaller anoles. He's a little beast.

Sweet I want him. Send him to me lol.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
HAHA it does seem the smaller the package the more attitude they have! :lol: WHEN I get a new tank for my leo gecko, I want to get a 20 long for more floor space. I may get the 20 gallon that one of my dragons is in who is rehabilitating and move him into a 30g breeder if he improves a lot this spring. There is all this strategy I have... :lol: ...musical lizards.

The Cuban anole always intrigues me. They look so totally badass I can't imagine they are actually anoles! :silent:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Jade, hanging out under the infrared heat lamp :D
6864908355_5278729b84.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
We have a new anole, sort of. It's part of the Green Anole Breeding Project - the brain child of a girl that I met through our favorite reptile shop. She actually works at the shop, and when you are in the same store several times a week, like a stalker (LOL), then you are bound to eventually have a reptile trade....right? :laughing6: She is trying to repopulate her yard with the elusive green anole, and since I have Jade laying infertile eggs everywhere, she traded me her male for Jade during the breeding season to see if she can get little Jade-babies. :love5:

I miss my little Jade and her attitude LOL, but I've got this new cool guy to look at, so it's all good. And I know Jade is in a good home, spreading her attitude onto a new generation. :p

Here is my borrowed anole, Fajitas. I love the name. :mrgreen: We got him Monday and he did a lot of hiding, but tonight he was under the heat lamp on the stick, precisely where Jade loved to hang out. Awwwww.

6965512757_b88eaefe4b.jpg

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
That's pretty cool. You should write up an Anole care sheet Shanny :p I might be interested in setting up one of my 40GB as an Anole tank after I finish the custom vivs.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
AllanonsWrath":1gv6666f said:
That's pretty cool. You should write up an Anole care sheet Shanny :p I might be interested in setting up one of my 40GB as an Anole tank after I finish the custom vivs.

Anoles are ridiculously picky and difficult to keep, but they are so active and interesting to watch. I really should write up that care sheet, since I have learned so much about them and I think keeping mine for over a year now proves that I can do it. There have been some rocky times with these buggers, mainly keeping the humidity up. I absolutely encourage you to set up an anole tank, but not a 40g breeder. They need a higer tank so they can climb and feel elevated. My anoles spend 97% of their time as high in the tank as they can possibly get. If you can get a cheap tall fish tank that would be perfect for them!

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm what if I convert the 40gb to arboreal? I can build a nice plexi front with a door and everything? or would they need more width as well? Because I can always build one :p

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hmmmm. I have mine in a 29 gallon fish aquarium. I have their food bowl in the bottom and they can see what I drop in there from their high places. Not sure if they would go all the way to the bottom for little wurmz if it were so far down. I feel them mini mealworms, and small mealworms (whatever is the right size at the pet store) and also baby silkworms. They get crickets all the time, and the worms three times a week. They gobble the worms up fast! I drop the little mealworms through the screen and they land down in the bowl. My anoles watch with suspicious interest. LOL

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Haha, that's funny. I'll think on it. Is there a recommended size on their tanks? Like for leopard geckos it's 10gal per gecko.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I'm really not sure about tank size, but when we had them in a 15 gallon they were more stressed. This is a 29 gallon and they seem pretty happy.

6994990641_8d04c06768.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom