Anole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Is this a brown anole?

lillizard.jpg

I found it and can't care for it properly if I'm not sure on the species...

ZephyrasHuman

Hatchling Member
I think it is a brown anole; I just saw one just like it outside. :) All we have around here small lizard wise are brown anoles, green anoles, and curly tail lizards and that was definitely a brown anole. Good luck with your new little guy :D

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you for the replies.. im doing my best to keep the lil guy/gal alive so we'll see how it goes. I'm very hesitant to buy it a new reptisun10- has one of my 6 month old ones on it now. I'm sure as soon as i put a lot of money into it it'll decide to die, so I've decided to not jinx it until it gets at least 5 inches in length

ZephyrasHuman

Hatchling Member
Now I know how you feel xD I found a little baby gecko outside :) I think it's a mediterannean gecko but I'm not sure. I'm getting him/her a tank and little pinhead crickets tomorrow x)

isdrake

Hatchling Member
I don't see why people take animals from the wild and try to keep them as pets. Isn't it better if they stayed outside?

If you want an anole, decide what specie you want, spend time to study that particular specie (even if it's a brown one), prepare the enclosure so everything is up and running with temperature gradient, humidity and everything and THEN buy a CB anole.

ZephyrasHuman

Hatchling Member
I agree with lizardman. Would you put a lizard back if you knew that it would probably get eaten sooner or later? I wouldn't. Or if the lizard is hurt, you wouldn't want to put it back.

isdrake

Hatchling Member
ZephyrasHuman":10z1vuwz said:
I agree with lizardman. Would you put a lizard back if you knew that it would probably get eaten sooner or later? I wouldn't. Or if the lizard is hurt, you wouldn't want to put it back.

You can't just go around and bring home every small animal you will find because there is a risk they will be eaten. Nature works that way and bigger animals needs food too.

I can only think of one good reason to take in brown anoles. That would be if you find them in the U.S where they don't belong. As I understand it the green anole are being outrivaled by other non-native anoles. So with that in consideration it might be a good thing to take them in as pets.

ZephyrasHuman

Hatchling Member
I have a green anole. And I get what you're saying about food chain and whatnot, but if you take just one lizard its not going to mess up the whole food chain.

ImAguy

yes but if thousands of people are at once it might actually tilt the chain out of balance... its the little things in life y'know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom