Anole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrasHuman

Hatchling Member
Yes, my green anole was freezing to death too. And I never said that my gecko was perfect. The little thing is amaciated. So I'm taking care of it and getting it back to health.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Not sure if my profile says it or not.. but I'm from Missouri. Brown anoles or any anoles for that reason don't belong here. I found it at my work- it actually was laid in one of our tropical plants from Florida and managed to get here undamaged and actually hatched. I wouldn't take a wild animal in- but in this case it shouldn't be here and its not its fault for hatching here. I couldn't just leave it there to die. And by the way, when people say go get a CB one- Petsmart and Petco both carry WC anoles- I was told that by the manager when I took the little guy in to try and figure out what it could eat. People might want to keep that in mind next time they go buy an animal from there. Yes, some people DO breed them, but I can honestly say I've never seen one at a local reptile show and I go often.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
A real lizard? You mean a DEAD one? You think an anole can survive 15 degree weather? What am I suppose to do ship it on down to Florida when its on the verge of death? Makes real good sense...

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Updated pictures... seems to be doing well.. moved into a 10 gallon now and I have seen it eat a few flightless fruightflies...

Kriegshauser090.jpg

Kriegshauser091.jpg

Kriegshauser092.jpg

Kriegshauser093.jpg

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
thats a really nice enclosure and ima guy i think they still r real lizards even if they r n a tank its not lik they become plastic

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I was very hesitant on putting her in there for the simple fact I thought I'd never see her again, but shes actually usually always out basking so shes never that hard to find, and I did witness her eat so the tank doesn't seem too large for her to find food- she is a very good hunter, very quick. Anyways, the tank wasn't very expensive at all. Mostly everything I had since a few live plants and some bamboo, which was half price at a local garden center due to it going out of season. Anyone else with anoles want to post some viv pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom