anoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so does any1 kno how to tell the gender of green anoles. cuz i caught 1 outside a cpl months ago and i think shes a female but im not sure

isdrake

Hatchling Member
lizardman95":v6bar5w3 said:
so does any1 kno how to tell the gender of green anoles. cuz i caught 1 outside a cpl months ago and i think shes a female but im not sure

Is it really legal to catch wild animals and keep them as pets in the U.S? I thought that the green anoles was having problem because of other anole species (that aren't native in the U.S).

Anyway you can get some tips here:
http://www.wikihow.com/Determine-the-Sex-of-a-Green-Anole

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
its not illegal most of the anoles that u c n pet stores r eitheer babies from anoles that were caught n the wild or caught n the wild at some point in time

isdrake

Hatchling Member
lizardman95":icqimxrs said:
its not illegal most of the anoles that u c n pet stores r eitheer babies from anoles that were caught n the wild or caught n the wild at some point in time

You learn something everyday. :p WC reptiles is very alien to me because it's strictly forbidden to catch wild animals in Sweden. It's also forbidden to import them. I thought it was the same in U.S.

isdrake

Hatchling Member
lizardman95":1o7zo7bp said:
ok wat kind of a lizard is agren anole, lik bearded dragons are desert lizards watr anoles

The green anole, Anolis carolinensis, is a subtropical lizard. However almost all the other anoles are tropical.

It's extremely important for a lizard to live in the right climate. It doesn't sound like you are well prepared for this specie which makes me worried. If you took her from the wild I suggest you put her back. Or if you really want to keep her you got a lot of studying to do. It's a common specie in the pet trade so finding information shouldn't be too hard. Good luck.

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok i thought she was tropical. in her tank i hav alot of plants and some live moss and i keep it humid n there and shes alwats been bright green sg=he also has a spot wghere she can sit n some shallow water and pretty soon im getting a water misrer that will continually spray water on the tank, so does that sound good?

isdrake

Hatchling Member
lizardman95":nx1cydyc said:
ok i thought she was tropical. in her tank i hav alot of plants and some live moss and i keep it humid n there and shes alwats been bright green sg=he also has a spot wghere she can sit n some shallow water and pretty soon im getting a water misrer that will continually spray water on the tank, so does that sound good?

Actually it's impossible to know if the humidity is good enough. You will have to measure it with a hygrometer.

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
any1 kno the average sice og a greenanole cuz min is 10 and half cantimetres and evrey1 is sayin that not normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom