Julian is always Brown

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
My lad julian is a adult male green anole. When we got him he was green and pretty. After about 2 weeks we moved my bearded dragons tank and forgot to cover the side of the tank. Poor julian had to sit there for a few days with a dragon licking his chops watching his every move. We took care of this but he still wont turn green. He cant see any animals.he lived alone until yesterday i got some baby american toads from my window well. I dont think he cares for them though. What do i do to make him less stressed. Also i never see him eat or drink. I refill his dish so he eats but how can i gain his trust to be able to watch him. Also im working on a 40 gal for him that hel live in with some other anoles and fire belly toads that i havent bought yet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of Julian?
Are you using a UVB light for him also? He does need a good UVB light, that might help
him out. We can review your tank setup, lighting, etc just to be sure it is all correct.

Tracie

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ty for replying, this is a pretty old post amd i found the issue. he does have uvb.i found that he didnt have enough greenery. that issue has been solved luckly.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i learned on a few other sites that my husbantry could be improoved regarding tank sizes for him so when i am able to get the saw outside with out it being sooo icy haha he will be built a larger tank.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
alot of my husbantry could be improved a few months ago. im getting better and im learning about how i need to improove.
so far, ive moved my leo out of the 10 gal she had been in to a big bioactive exoterra where she has been really happy. (yay =D) i need to improove my dragons out of the tanks they are in now and into 4 b 2 by 2s and the anole. planning on using arcadia uvb and some dimming thermostats for each.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom