Always on ceiling? Wrinkly tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
so its getting really cold in my area and a green anole jumped on my shirt, so i took it in so it wouldnt freeze to death. i provide it water and mealies, and 85-90 degree heat on one side. i also mist the cage several times a day. for some reason it keeps clinging onto the mesh lid on the tank and sometimes fall down, resulting in small little spots (bruises?) and he also has a wrinkly tail (at the tip part) any reasons? i will post pics

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
the wrinkly tail could mean he is starved. try feeding some gutloaded small crickets or pinheads depending on his size! the dark spots that you describe as bruises could be stress spots, similar to chameleons green anoles get dark polkadots almost when they are stressed. a big sign is when they have black half circles behind their eyes!

i've rescued 4 anoles from petstores over the past years and they always looked like this for the first while until they became comfortable or started fattening up! message me if you have any more questions :)

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
after making a climbing system out of dowels, he has not been clinging to the lid/. later i will get some pinheads and feed them to him (i have been feeding him mini mealworms but he for some reason wont eat them anymore) i still see tiny poops :)

sammmycakes

Hatchling Member
that's good. the one i have loves his fake plant but still will spend most of his time clinging to the wall! he even sleeps on the wall.

make sure you mist him 2 times a day at least because they only drink their water from licking it off plants or the glass.. it's actually really adorable.

meal worms are okay sometimes, the problem with them is they have a lot of outer shell that is really hard for reptiles to digest and provide very little protein or nutrition. pinhead crickets are better and also more fun for your anole to hunt!

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
good news! he ate one! he just ran up to it and pounced on it :) hopefully he will eat more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom