Snake injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizelle

My new snake (§Mrs. BoopSnoodleTheHarmlessNoodle), was wild caught, since it was injured and isn’t available online, it is a Rough earth snake, and has cutes by his pp area... I was wondering what the best thing I should do to him and why snakes in my area always have these bites. I’m planning on scrubbing the wounds with antibacterial soap, the putting a small bandage for no infection coming in, advice needed.... he also has a nub tail for some reason...

106575-5244658007.jpg
Him and his NUB tail

106575-6700776745.jpg
The scars on his underbelly

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are cats or dogs around? Most likely a predator attack.

You can use some raw unpasteurized honey on the wounds to keep them clean from infection. Just make sure the tank is clean too so that no dirt and grime get stuck in the wound either. Or you could use some neosporin as long as it isn't the pain relief kind.

-Brandon

Gizelle

Original Poster
Claudiusx":1up1uawi said:

You can use some raw unpasteurized honey on the wounds to keep them clean from infection. Just make sure the tank is clean too so that no dirt and grime get stuck in the wound either. Or you could use some neosporin as long as it isn't the pain relief kind.

-Brandon

Actually, the neighborhood dosent have any wild animals roaming around... we’ve seen a mole and rats and birds and lizards... those could’ve done it,
And thanks for the tip about honey and tank, since the tank has sand in it since it used to be my hermit crabs, I’ll have to change it, and can I bandage the wound?

Viperbsd

Gizelle":33anhmdm said:
Claudiusx":33anhmdm said:

-Brandon

Actually, the neighborhood dosent have any wild animals roaming around... we’ve seen a mole and rats and birds and lizards... those could’ve done it,
And thanks for the tip about honey and tank, since the tank has sand in it since it used to be my hermit crabs, I’ll have to change it, and can I bandage the wound?

Hi, it’s really important that you leave wild animals outside. I know the temptation, believe me. I used to catch snakes all the time, and they would always end up dying on me.

I’ve stopped doing that for a while now, because I realized that these beautiful creatures shouldn’t be kept from the outdoors. If you CANT resist, you could set up a rule called “catch and release”. Keep him/her one night and release the next morning.

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
snakes are unbelivably hardy. once i found a large, like huuuuggggeee northern garter snake at the boat launch to the lake we take our pontoon too. theres a fallen apart shack or something that i belive used to be a canoe rentlal center. its nothing but alot of sheet lumber now and its been realy cool to go and see this same snake there. one day i found the snake with a huge cut going along side her.she still seemed pretty active and alert and was nice and fat because she just had meal. i came back a few weeks later, found the same snake and they cut was almost gone. snakes are realy hardy and the coolest part about the whole thing was that she was carrying babys the whole entire time she was healing that cut! now i get to see all of "big mamas" babys when ever I go. snakes can do some incredible things and i think that your little friend should be all right

Jacobsherps

Hatchling Member
Hi, it’s really important that you leave wild animals outside. I know the temptation, believe me. I used to catch snakes all the time, and they would always end up dying on me.

I’ve stopped doing that for a while now, because I realized that these beautiful creatures shouldn’t be kept from the outdoors. If you CANT resist, you could set up a rule called “catch and release”. Keep him/her one night and release the next morning
there is some cases where an animals truely can continue life out side. ima use my american toad as an example. she basicly has a small galaxy for an eye, thats what i call it but she has an undevelouped eye basicly blinding her in that eye. when i found her she was in my window well extreamly degidrated and malnourished. in cases like that where an animal is litterally doomed i think we can all say that wrong. going out and capturing an animal because you want it is differant.
i see where he came from amd i also did some reaserch, they are hard to find. i found 2 websites selling them, the first ine was called clairs sent decor or something and the second one was written half in broken english and in some type of Asian languich. both sites mentioned backwater reptile wich ive heard isnt super reputable. i dont know if its them just copy pasting from another site or they are just drop shipping reptiles wich would be super depressing.this guy did reaserch before getting a snake and was able to find one that had a 50 50 chance in the wild. rough earth snakes are also a species of least concern. id check with your state before keeping it but you may need some type of permit. i think this case is one of the few that counts as being ok as long as you can supply for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom