Considering a Fire Skink

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, Fred and Millie had babies! I didn't even know for sure that we had a male and a female! We believe Fred is actually the female since "he" is much smaller than Millie. But we are going to keep calling them by their existing names and pronouns.

We had quite the surprise when my SO spotted a baby in the viv on Saturday night. We scrambled to get a temporary home set up for the babies. It consisted of a gladware container with holes in the lid, some eco earth, and some moss. We caught the first baby we had spotted, then search around for more. Only found one other. Then Sunday morning I went digging for eggs. Found three more eggs that I believe to be from the same clutch (none of those have hatched still and they are looking pretty shriveled now, so I don't think they are going to). I also found a whole second clutch of four eggs, which we have removed and put in a small container inside the babies' new viv.

Sunday we got the babies all set up in a viv of their own. They are doing well. Both have eaten some small crickets. One is definitely a little less shy than the other, but we see both of them out and about daily. Here are some pics!

41729-7044070940.jpg
41729-4671115307.jpg
41729-7687836806.jpg
41729-7257736535.jpg
41729-1368726418.jpg
41729-540157161.jpg
41729-7013099659.jpg

And here is a video of one of them eating his very first meal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI83Pd_8H18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom