Babies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
The last egg pipped today, so there are 11 babies. It won't be totally out of the egg for at least a couple days.
But here are two of my favorites. I'm keeping the darker one, but I may keep both.
[ximg]85426 2317235065[/ximg]

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hey Skipper, the color does stay pretty consistent but the yellow tends to increase in size. So there will be more yellow on them as they grow. I'm keeping the darker one for breeding because I have two nearly completely black ones. They are more rare and sell for a bit more. I also like the way they look, they look really sinister...the yellow adds a bit of cuteness I guess :)
No Instagram yet...been too busy lately.
A good kind of busy though :)

Whoa, this must be a huge accomplishment! I'm not into breeding reptiles, I'm only a beginner. When I'm older I want to become a herpologist and breed reptiles then! Congrats!! :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks, sorry it took a bit to see this. I wish I would have decided to be a herpetologist :)
Not sure why that idea didn't occur to me when I was selecting careers.
Keep working towards your goal and you will get there. Breeding reptiles is the main source of enjoyment with owning them. Hard to express how rewarding it is to see a baby hatch due to the efforts put into it.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Updated baby picture :)
This baby is going to its new home on April 1st. About 10 days ago it was 37.6 grams. Today it is 48.7 grams...growing quick and eating like a pig.
[ximg]85426 9550772546[/ximg]

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Time for you to get one Skipper :)
Seriously though, anytime your ready for one let me know. I'll give you the best of the clutch. Even if it's several years down the road.. I'll be breeding them as long as I'm not too senile to do so. I don't plan on being senile for a few more years ;)

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Maybe a ways down the road. I don't think I can convince my family to let anything venomous in the house (... maybe I just don't tell them! :lol: ) Sadly my space for a reptile collection is strictly limited. Some day I will have a room or two or three dedicated solely to helps.

I'm currently arguing my case for a snake. A three foot python. For christ's sake mom, it isn't going to kill you.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Haha...venomous reptiles are only problematic if you get bit. But that does happen sometimes...twice to me so far. Thankfully I don't keep anything deadly venomous. Just horribly, horribly painfully venomous for approx a month if bitten.
I haven't ever been much interested in snakes even though I have had plenty. Not much personality...I even gave away two pythons a few months ago. They were eating my rats I would much rather fed to the gilas and beaded lizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom