B.b.e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Got 11 eggs from my lizard. Should have babies in 6-8 months. Still waiting for one other female to drop some eggs.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks Cooper!
6-8 months is a long time to wait, but eggs looks really good right now. They are as big as goose eggs. I am using some incubation boxes. Once they are in there you just forget about eggs for 6 mo.
I'll still peek at them everyday when I record temps in my breeding log. I also weigh the box 1x/week. Gives me an idea on water evaporation from the medium.
Thanks again for the well wishes :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
To show how incredibly large the eggs are, I put a quarter on the top of the incubation box.
Hard to imagine the mom fit 11 eggs in her belly :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Day 77 of incubation and all is going well. The 11 eggs in the cooker all have healthy embryos that wiggle around when candled. Sadly Im only about half way through incubation :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Day 90 in the incubator today. Everything is going as planned. I should be more than half way through incubation. I'm incubating at a degree higher than most people recommend, so eggs should hatch at 5 months instead of 6. I would post pictures but they won't load.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks!! Funny thing is I actually have more reptiles I haven't even put on facebook. Too many in fact :)
Eggs are doing great!! Still got a long way to go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom