One of The Coolest Reptiles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Forgot to mention recently a diabetes medication has been developed out of the venom from the genus Heloderma.
Here is a better picture...
The breeding rack in the picture is floor-to-ceiling and takes up an entire wall in the reptile room. The blocks of wood under the lids were for extra ventilation. I pulled out bins to give them water and I always spill it. It dries quick though.
[ximg]85426 3680461017[/ximg]

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I have always loved the looks of the Mexican Beaded lizards. They are not real common here in the US but do look very beautiful. That's great he is so mellow towards you, too.

Tracie

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
[ximg]85426 4152849033[/ximg]
Thanks Tracie!! I wish mine were the H.h.exasperatums, they have more yellow. But I got a really good deal on the H.h.horridums, $200 each and they normally are $500-$600 each as babies.
I ran into Steve Angeli last week at a reptile expo, he produces some really nice beaded babies. He had a "Super Black" baby H.h.horridum I wanted to buy, but it was $1500.
This picture is of my 1.2 group. I only have them together for breeding. Its hard to gauge their size in the picture, but the male is almost 3' long.
If interested, many of my animals are pictured on my 'Desert Design Venomous' Facebook page.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He probably needs a manicure :)
My forearms are always scratched up. I trim their nails when I can find people to help with it. Most of my friends are too worried about getting bitten. Bunch of scared little babies... ;)

dezismom

Juvie Member
What an amazing creature! And beautiful! I bet you don't have too many volunteers, for the manicures, though...he looks pretty laid back and slow, but so does my Dezi, and I have seen Dezi snatch a raspberry so fast, it looks like some magic trick!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Deceptive appearance...they can be lightning quick and limber. I have one (maybe two) gravid females that should be dropping eggs in a few weeks.
I like them so much I ordered two more yesterday. They are babies and a different subspecies...they will grow up to be more yellow than black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom