Tegus monthly costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izabee33

Hi everyone! I really want to get a big lizard to love, and I was thinking of an Argentine white and black tegu. But every where I look, it says they eat a lot. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me a monthly price range it would be to feed it?

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
I have researched this very thing like you. I want a B&W tegu, I'm an experienced reptile owner, and I can do it etc. But one of the main things that has held me off is feeding. I'm scared I wont be able to endure the cost over time. I need to know a good rough estimate (least to most) of what it costs. I have had luck, or some luck, in finding out about adults. But people all feed their tegu's so differently its hard to tell the exact amount. I'd like to know per week actually and not an estimate of some sort of luxurious diet. They eat a huge variety. My biggest fear is the baby-yearling stage. I havent been able to find a thing that goes into detail about a babies diet, how much they eat and cost. They eat 1-2 times a day I think and I know what they eat... but I have no clue how much. Whats more, its said insects should be a huge part of their diet as babies. Well, my little beardy ate up to 70 crickets a day in his hey day. It about killed us. Thank gosh I got him at 7 months of age cause I dont know if I couldve dealt with that a full year or not. I really dont want to go through that again with the bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom