Looking for a chameleon but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaglaze

I am looking for a veiled chameleon (preferably a male baby) that does not have to be shipped to me. I live in Kissimmee/Orlando Florida and cant seem to find anyone who is selling nearby. please help me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....have you found one yet ? If not,are there reputable exotic pet stores in your area ? Most will carry babies...it's worth calling around. You can tell if a baby veiled is relatively healthy, just look to see that it's eyes are swiveling + looking around , they are moving [ even though they do slowly ] and they should be over 3 inches long, but even a 2" is O.K. as long as it is healthy. If they are just clinging to a branch, eyes closed + reluctant to move, there may be something wrong. A male is easily identified by the tiny " heel spur ", which is a fleshy little nub on the back of it's heel. You should be able to find one . If not, Google veiled chameleon breeders in Florida. One very big breeder is FLchams, they may be a few hours away from you, and have a huge variety of chameleons. Veileds are pretty hardy for a chameleon, and living in Florida you can put them outside when it's not TOO hot in a screened cage + the colors will develop very beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom