Looking for a chameleon but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaglaze

I am looking for a veiled chameleon (preferably a male baby) that does not have to be shipped to me. I live in Kissimmee/Orlando Florida and cant seem to find anyone who is selling nearby. please help me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....have you found one yet ? If not,are there reputable exotic pet stores in your area ? Most will carry babies...it's worth calling around. You can tell if a baby veiled is relatively healthy, just look to see that it's eyes are swiveling + looking around , they are moving [ even though they do slowly ] and they should be over 3 inches long, but even a 2" is O.K. as long as it is healthy. If they are just clinging to a branch, eyes closed + reluctant to move, there may be something wrong. A male is easily identified by the tiny " heel spur ", which is a fleshy little nub on the back of it's heel. You should be able to find one . If not, Google veiled chameleon breeders in Florida. One very big breeder is FLchams, they may be a few hours away from you, and have a huge variety of chameleons. Veileds are pretty hardy for a chameleon, and living in Florida you can put them outside when it's not TOO hot in a screened cage + the colors will develop very beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom