True Fire Skink Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey, I have a couple more questions. How do I get retained shed off of Venser? He has some on his nose:
uWsxARX.jpg

Also, this was what his tail looked like when I bought him and still looks like. Is this possible tail rot? If so, what can I do to treat it? Would it have to be amputated?
eeaqlUI.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I just wanted to comment on how beautiful your skink is! The colors are gorgeous! :D
How is he doing, is he eating well & enjoying his hide?

Tracie

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster

He won't eat every day, but I assume that he will eat when he wants to. He gained about 10g after AHBD advice. I took a bunch of eco earth out because he seemed to prefer the 2" over 4" and he is now a lot more active. I still have to buy him more greens to hide in, but every now in then I will catch him under his log. Walmart doesn't have anything and neither does Goodwill soI'm stuck with the pet store's prices :lol:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
So your Walmart doesn't carry fake plants ? Ours has a big section with decorative flowers + plants...but I guess you'll have to find them wherever you can. My guy comes likes to hang out + slither around under the fake ferns I have, plus it looks nicer. As for the shed, it should come off on it's own. Just be sure the tank is humid enough, and the substrate stays moist but not too wet. Water bowl is important, too. Tracie commented on how beautiful he is, and they are, they always look clean + "shiny ", and the babies are REALLY pretty....they hatch with all that color and BLUE tails ! My breeding pair had 2 clutches and I was thrilled when the babies hatched. Miniature versions of the adult but with electric blue tails....living works of art.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
His tail should be fine, just keep the substrate moist, but not wet, and be sure he has a nice big water bowl to soak in if he wants.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He has a nice water dish that he likes to hide under and I'm on top of keeping the humidity up.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Update on Venser:

When my boyfriend and I first got Venser, he was pretty wild. Didn't want to be handled and hid all the time. I really started to work with him and handling him over the past couple of weeks and it all paid off! Today my boyfriend went to put crickets in Venser's cage, or so I thought. He dug up Venser to try and feed him via tweezers, like we used to. I was in here ready to give Jace his meds when Paul called me in for help. When I went in, Venser was on his back. Apparently he had climbed out of the viv, up Paul's arm, and wouldn't allow Paul to hold him without squirming. Paul couldn't get him off of his sleeve when Venser climbed onto his back. I went in their, picked Venser right up, and he calmly sat on my lap while I pet him and took pictures of him. Never tried to escape from me and was just such a good boy. I really love him.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
All right, thanks. Vraska is doing well though her tail is worrying me. Paycheck after next will leave me with extra cash so I'm going to take her and Jace (beardie) to the vet. Going to get her probed to find out gender and both their tails checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom