Feeding Fire Skink

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Alright! So I've been trying some new insects for my beardie Gabriel, and I was just wondering, can my fire skink, Ruby, eat superworms and/or phoenix worms? And if so, is there a size restriction (mostly for superworms, since they're bigger)?

I'm figuring the answer is probably yes, but I really just want to double check before I give her anything!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Is Ruby an adult ? If so, you can feed full sized superworms. :) Fireskinks love most bugs, and can even gobble down a full sized nightcrawler [ slamming it around before eating it ] Just don't give too many at once. The most my guy Blaze gets is 3 at a time, but usually 2 is what I give him.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
LucisAbsentia":3nl7b3d1 said:
Alright! So I've been trying some new insects for my beardie Gabriel, and I was just wondering, can my fire skink, Ruby, eat superworms and/or phoenix worms? And if so, is there a size restriction (mostly for superworms, since they're bigger)?

I'm figuring the answer is probably yes, but I really just want to double check before I give her anything!

can you tell us how much your fire skink weighs ?

Photo it in your hand or next to ruler so we can gauge his dimensions.

I'm sure we'll be able to work out suitable size feeders for him, I'm assuming the fire skink is something similar in size to an adult eastern water skink or a juvenile eastern or northern BTS.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This thread is a year old. The skink would be either full sized or pretty near full sized. :)
Is this the one that laid eggs already ?

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":222e25oc said:
This thread is a year old. The skink would be either full sized or pretty near full sized. :)
Is this the one that laid eggs already ?

Hey! Yeah, I'm not sure how thread got necro'd :lol: I don't even remember posting it.

Unfortunately, Ruby passed away a couple months ago. No one is really sure why. Could have just been age, but her age was unknown so we're not sure.

She was full-sized, though! A little small, but I always suspected her growth was stunted as she clearly did not come from a household that had taken care of her. As to eggs, Ruby never did that, so not mine!

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Also, to anyone else that sees this, this thread should really be locked, there's no need to answer! It's a very old thread. Please don't continue it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom